I need advice on something SOOOOO totally not related to Blackberrys, but I have faith ... Stackers' Lounge forum

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Need Advice - Stingray City Tour

Advertisement

I need advice on something SOOOOO totally not related to Blackberrys, but I have faith and trust in getting opinions from my fellow 'stackers. In December I am going on a cruise, on which my boyfriend will celebrate his 30th b-day and I will celebrate my 30-something birthday, both on the same day. He wanted to do the swim with the stingrays tour in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. I was already very nervous about it prior to Steve Irwin's nasty demise. I have had MANY people tell me that they LOVED swimming with the stingrays. The ones in Grand Cayman are used to being fed by hand by the tourists. What do you guys think? I know that it was a horrible freak accident what happened BUT I was already very nervous about doing it. Since some BB users are well-traveled I thought I'd take a chance that perhaps someone here has done this tour. I really hate to disappoint him, although he has said he would rather not do it if I am going to be upset. Suggestions?
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Need Advice - Stingray City Tour

I did this twice here in Antigua. It's was awesome and never any moments of fear or even the slightest thing going wrong. But with what happened to Steve I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing it for a while. It's kind of like going to the beach to swim after seening Jaws or Shark. It's down to your comfort level... so my advice would be do it if both of you will be able to relax and enjoy it.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

I completely agree with Hydn. If youre in constant fear, how much fun could it possibly be? Plus I'm sure the Baby Ruth candy bar floating behind you will be viewed unattractively by your fellow tourists! LOL I cant believe I went there =) But I figured I'd make my 700th post a doozie! ( No i didnt say I7oobie!!!, relax Jamie!) =)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    I completely agree with Hydn. If youre in constant fear, how much fun could it possibly be? Plus I'm sure the Baby Ruth candy bar floating behind you will be viewed unattractively by your fellow tourists! LOL I cant believe I went there =) But I figured I'd make my 700th post a doozie! ( No i didnt say I7oobie!!!, relax Jamie!) =)
    HAHAHAHAAAAA....what movie was that that they through a Baby Ruth candy bar in the pool. Everyone jumped out screaming, then the lifeguard fished it out and ate it. I'm still thinking about it. As I said, if I could walk on water I would do it if it would make his birthday something unforgettable.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I would say have no fear. Stingrays very rarely sting people, they are not aggressive animals. Even when they do sting, they are normally not fatal. Painful yes, fatal no. This happened to be a fek accident.

Having said that, if you are still not comfortable, you wont enjoy it, and as I am told time and time again, "if momma aint happy, nobodys happy"

ELCSS no está en línea Stack level 3

As long as you can be comfortable and enjoy go for it. I am a cetified diver and have played with stingray. They are not aggressive. What happened was a very sad tragedy as well as very rare! Enjoy the trip and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TechieGirl
    HAHAHAHAAAAA....what movie was that that they through a Baby Ruth candy bar in the pool. Everyone jumped out screaming, then the lifeguard fished it out and ate it. I'm still thinking about it. As I said, if I could walk on water I would do it if it would make his birthday something unforgettable.
    "So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Don't have to much fear. Yes its really sad about Steve Irwin but he could also had died in a car accident it happens unfortunately we'll never be able to do anything against that

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Well I heard that if Jeff didn't pull the stinger out himself he would've lived thru it. My advice if you get stung: Let a professional take care of it