Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

There's always surprises. For example: Jacob Zuma (has charges for rape and has not even ... Stackers' Lounge forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

my country is the most unique contry in the world

Advertisement

There's always surprises. For example: Jacob Zuma (has charges for rape and has not even got a high school pass) applys for president and this surprised me...then he became president...then there was the story of fake drivers licenses which surprises me then I learn that some taxis use spanners as steering wheels...then they start using cardboard as break pads...my country always surprises me

How many of you can say such positive things about your countrys ?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    South Africa always surprised me. Still does. And most of them, for all the wrong reasons. If that is positive?

But NO! RSA is a fabulous country. Multi-cultural, beautiful and stunning scenery. You´ll find the best sceneries of all continents in one country then RSA it is.

The recent (and continuous past) incidents don´t mirror this natural beauty, but rather the cultural divide that has been part of RSA heritage. Not only the political and histrionous branch of it, but the roots and cultural development which is difficult to understand for all the different tribes, including the Dutch one, but also the mind-set that was implemented ever since Hendrik Verwoerd convinced all that segregating these cultures was the best medicine. There were Biblical reasons that was found in the Holy Bible giving reason for the "superior" tribe to impose it´s wishes on the lessar fortunate ones. Obviously the British lavished the thought. Liked it, and economically took everyone, including the Afrikaners, to the cleaners, while they themselves always did and carry on doing what is very "English" of them in creating their own lofty ideals and social behaviour and live in a club, in a country within a country. British colonialism. Upper lip! This is accepted as social segregation according to status and influence, and also dependence. It´s not apartheid. Forgive me.
    So, amongst all trial and tribulations, I´m not at all surprised with the contrasting news that emanates from RSA. It´s mind set!
    It´s still a young country trying to find some democratic form of sociability. It starts with it´s President and ends with the lost RSA citizen still living in the gutter.
    Mandela was the example of what a RSA citizen, regardless of color, should be.
    Very few partake in his life philosophy.

It´s demonstrative of this thread´s idea that NEGATIVE can be construed as POSITIVE!
    Forget it. It won´t, ever work.

KTW
    do you know that people still believe that the great struggle has not ended ?

but its a nice feeling to know that I have higher qualifications then my president and CEO of SABC.

our local paper is awesome. so much action. so many surprises.

I was speaking to my domestic worker and she says apartheid was better for her. my jaw dropped...she says at least they had enough food but now everyone is suffering more.

there is still lots of racism. trust me Dell SA is not like you remember it

I mean you have solders that fought in the 1980s war exclaiming that "this" is not what they fought for.

as for the white male, there is no future here. the policy called BEE is harsh. it states that a businesses must be 90% black(referring to ownership and workforce)

we may be a rainbow nation but with little unity.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You have a domestic worker?
    Delfim likes this.

KTW
    yeah...she comes to clean every second week.

KTW
    why ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Cleaning your own home is beneath you?

KTW
    no. I sweep 3 times a week. the domestic cleaner cleans all the major stuff...I'm not to sure I like where this is going, look we can point fingers at another for the whole day but what good would that give us. cultures and lifestyles are different in every country. having a domestic worker is very common in RSA. I don't know of anyone without a domestic worker.

what do you have against domestic workers ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nothing at all. Cultures are different everywhere.
    As long as these "maids" don´t come for cheap, which they do. And the mandatory standard payments for pension and medical care are made by the employers...which wasn´t the case when I last visited.
    Cheap labor, in a society suffering terribly from gross unemployment, somewhere in the 40%. Not much choice.
    And then of course, the "established" norm that it´s these "maids" that take care of the undesirable stuff.
    The "madam" and the "boss" will not touch these things.
    Some habits die hard.
    And its here that there´s a great difference between óur continents.
    KTW likes this.

KTW
    not only maids get paid badly. actually they earn about 150 rand for a day of 6 hours. that's much better than many people in retail that earn the same but work till late hours.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    R150 for 6 hours. That´s R25.00 an hour. mmmm ...that´s 2,10€ an hour here. Or 2,70 US$ an hour.
    Nice. My friend is a clerk in a company in Northcliff and he makes R21.000 net, every month, 9 hours a day, Mon to Fri. That´s about R118.00 an hour. And he´s not qualified.
    I can see why "domestic" is still popular.

KTW
    well you can't expect cleaners to be paid like doctors and lawyers. look I'm not the one to blame for the unemployment or low pay. that's all the governments doing. speaking of not qualified. Zuma earns or should I rather say, cost RSA 500 000 000 rand since he was in office and the CEO of sabc earns about 3million monthly. its terrible. one person was absent from work for 3 years and still received their monthly income of about one mill per month then receives a bonus of 20 mill for good work.

what bogus!

look I'm not the one to blame for poor conditions in my country.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    $2.70 an hour?
    Stop sweeping, I'm thinking she could use the extra time.

Sucks here, we have to clean up after ourselves...for free.

KTW
    I here that a casheer earns about 7 Rand per hour (that's $0.75 an hour) which is pretty sweet cash. gee. I wouldn't mind earning that.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    R150 for 6 hours. That´s R25.00 an hour. mmmm ...that´s 2,10€ an hour here. Or 2,70 US$ an hour.
    Nice. My friend is a clerk in a company in Northcliff and he makes R21.000 net, every month, 9 hours a day, Mon to Fri. That´s about R118.00 an hour. And he´s not qualified.
    I can see why "domestic" is still popular.
    friend in northcliff... now I'm getting suspicious, what is the name of the street he lives on ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast