Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am not a pet owner and by no stretch an animal lover, but if ... Stackers' Lounge forum

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Michael Vick accepts plea agreement

Advertisement

I am not a pet owner and by no stretch an animal lover, but if the allegations against him are true he and his compatriots are no better than the animals they abused and in some cases murdered.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/20/vick/index.html

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

Re: Michael Vick accepts plea agreement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am not a memeber of PETA, but I am an avid dog lover and know that what he and his group of animals are the ones we should be scared of and not the outbills that were fighting. Dogs are wonderful creatures and I hope that the NFL takes what he did seriously and bans him for life. Someone like this has no place in professional sports where children look to professional athletes as role models. I hope his time in jail is rough!!

I have a feeling this will not end well for him. In America, we love our athletes, but our animals/pets/companions, they are like family. And that's a whole 'nother level. You just don't mess with an Americans' family and expect to walk away clean.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

What I want to know is if someone was able to infiltrate Vick's organization to get information on his involvement, why aren't there other groups he was competing against being brought up on charges too? How would they know about Vick's involvement, but not any other individual outside of Vick's organization, I mean he wasn't competeing against his own dogs.

This is no way has anything to do with Vick's guilt or innocence in this matter, he's obviously guilty and deserves punishment, but he is far from the only bankroller for dog fighting. But from the media coverage you'd think he was the master of ceremonies for all dog fighting.

Tan, I think they probably know everything and there are and will be a lot more arrests. But in this celebrity driven culture of ours, Vick is the big fish, and therefore the one every news outlet will concentrate on. But make no mistake, everyone involved in this awful, I don't even know what to call it, should face the full measure of our justice system.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    What I want to know is if someone was able to infiltrate Vick's organization to get information on his involvement, why aren't there other groups he was competing against being brought up on charges too? How would they know about Vick's involvement, but not any other individual outside of Vick's organization, I mean he wasn't competeing against his own dogs.

This is no way has anything to do with Vick's guilt or innocence in this matter, he's obviously guilty and deserves punishment, but he is far from the only bankroller for dog fighting. But from the media coverage you'd think he was the master of ceremonies for all dog fighting.
    Who's to say they aren't? I imagine that's a big part of MV's Plea Agreement.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I guess that remains to be seen, but you'd think if they were taking down other dog fighting organizations that would have been mentioned in one of the numerous news articles written on this issue. But like I said I guess it remains to be seen whether Vicks company is the only one that got busted.

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

I guess that remains to be seen, but you'd think if they were taking down other dog fighting organizations that would have been mentioned in one of the numerous news articles written on this issue. But like I said I guess it remains to be seen whether Vicks company is the only one that got busted.

Tan let me guess your a MV fan? For starters it doesnt matter if anymoe else gets arrested. He's a animal abusing piece of $hit scumbag. Secondly.... if he is ratting on people why would they announce him being a rat? I mean he could of aggreed to testify and keep it quiet. Would you want to be known as RAT when your on your way to prison.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

You guessed wrong Noid. And apparently haven't read any of my previous posts on Vicks actions, and apparently also missed when I mentioned in my post that you quoted that my post had nothing to do with his guilt.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

People in this world are either corrupt or not corrupt or a riding that fine line in between. Money makes it really easy to crossover to the wrong side. Another great athlete that just threw it all away. Just my two cents.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

I thought it was just strange that his codefendants rolled over so easy and dimmed him out so quick.....just something strange about that.

Quote Originally Posted by synik103
    I love animals.

They taste AWESOME!
    You know what, I love a steak as much as he next guy, but that is not the issue here.

This poor excuse for a man is charged with pitting dogs against each other in combat and executing those that did not perform well. That is a whole lot different than one's meal preferences. Not going to flame you but this was uncalled for.

PIN/ID
    2423EC62

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger
    I thought it was just strange that his codefendants rolled over so easy and dimmed him out so quick.....just something strange about that.

LOL whats so strange about it? If people will flip and testify against the Mob and or other powerful people in one way or another. Why wouldnt they flip and testify about there dog fighting scum bag friend. Who is he? Just another wanna be thug who got out of the ghetto with a ball. Without his homies or a gun whats he gonna do? So why wouldnt they rat him out.

This maybe out of line but IMO I hope someone bashes his head and body off the ground or wall while he is in prison just like he did to a couple of his dogs

I love animals.

They taste AWESOME!
    Making a joke out of animal abuse isnt funny.
    Last edited by NOID; 08-20-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Tan - One thing to keep in mind is that this didn't start as a "lets go get Michael Vick for dogfighting" operation, the whole investigation started because of one of the residents of the house was suspected of selling drugs. When a warrant was issued for that and the house was searched the found evidence which led them to the dogfighting. At first they didn't even realize the house belonged to Vick. I'm sure now they are planning on broadening the scope of things and part of his plea will be cooperating w/ the authorities regarding other "kennels" but they sorta just stumbled onto this. There was no infiltrating Vicks organization, they lucked out and came across everything.

BigTNPapa - I unfortunately don't think the NFL will ban him for life, I'm sure part of his decision to take the plea was because the NFL just wanted this to go away. They don't want see it on every paper and every SportsCenter for the next year while he went through a trial. I'm sure someone in the league offices told him and his lawyers "If you ever want to play in this league again, make this go away".

Had he not taken the plea there was speculation that additional charges could have been brought up against him for gambling which is obviously a big no-no in sports.. Had those charges actually been brought up then I think a lifetime ban may have been a possibility.. As it stands now he'll probably do 12-18 months in jail, then be suspended another season by the NFL... I'm sure his comeback will start in 2010 (if some team is willing to take the PR hit and PETA boycott to sign him).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

PIN/ID
    2423EC62

i wasn't making a joke about animal abuse.

ib4tl

Sure seems that way. What does dog fighting and killing dogs have to do with meat being good? Do you eat dog?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast