Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give me a break already!!! Its a dog!!! How many dogs wander the streets of ... Stackers' Lounge forum

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Michael Vick

Advertisement

Give me a break already!!! Its a dog!!!

How many dogs wander the streets of the US, how many dogs are put to sleep each year? Why is this man being crucified behind a beast?

Do I condone fighting dogs? No.

I mean, its barbaric because he "supposedly" knew about it. This country is beccoming more and more whacked out. There are alot more major issues for our government to focus on than dog fighting.

Hell, Bush has had over 3,000 human beings killed, no one is pressing charges against him, when clearly the entire country is against it.

All the fur coats and animal skins sold, should be illegal, since this country cares so much about animals... But that aint happening, cause the right people are seeing profit from it.

I'd bet my place in Heaven, that if the government got a cut from the dog fights then there wouldn't be a problem.

So, I say all that to say this....

This man should be allowed to play football. He shouldn't be fined. the real criminals in this case are the people who lived at the location. Not Vick.

</RANT>

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Michael Vick

Give me a break already!!! Its a dog!!!
    how many dogs are put to sleep each year?
    Im sure many are put to sleep but it doesnt justify breeding them for dog fighting then electricuting or drowning them when they are no use to you. Dogs help cops , disabled people etc. i dont know how involved he was but i guess will find out
    Last edited by kentrg; 07-21-2007 at 01:10 PM.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB Here's my two cents..why are the real criminals the ones who lived there and not vick? He is the owner of the residence and obviously played a major role. Indictments from a grand jury are not easy to obtain and you need facts to get one. Its about time athletes and celebrities started being held accountable they have had free reign too long. As for the government receiving money and then it would be okay, maybe this true but until that time this type of activity is ILLEGAL. As for your comment on the war in iraq..President Bush sent troops to iraq and at the time he had overwhelming support from many in this country before they started back peddling for their own agenda, can anyone say Hillary Clinton, and not everyone in the country is against it I am for it along with many people I know and I know the sacrifice because I spent 18 months in Iraq in Desert Storm. I guess using your argument we could say Osama Bin Laden should be given a free pass because he was not at the World Trade Center during the incident. You must be a Falcons Fan?

PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Actually, I'm a Saints fan, a Falcons rival.

My arguement is that there are bigger issues than dog fighting. Why aren't we indicting hunters who sell furs?? They kill animals all the time, and they actually pull the trigger. Like I said before, if you own a property and the tenant sells drugs out of it... Should you go to jail???

Maybe I shouldn't ask you.... cause I'm assuming you'd say yes.... Based off your reply.

And you being in the Devil's lair so to speak since you were in Iraq... I suppose you still think there are WMDs there too. Yeah I was all for it when it started.... I mean we went from lookin for Osama, to throwing Sadaam in there because of some kinda family cookout arrangement went bad involving the Bushies, and the Middle Easterners.

You're the President of the most poerful government in history, but you gotta sneak over to support the troops. I'm shocked that a soldier would support this...

But then again, you are paid to take orders and not think... So I suppose its not that far fetched.

As far as the Hillary comment, well thats Politics... For starters, we all were given bad info... Info that had a secret agenda behind it. And if you're not allowed to change your opinion after being fed the bullshit that we were fed as a country.... Well, somethings wrong.

Besides, everyone knows, or should know that if Bush really wanted to get Bin Laden we'd have him by now. But thats not the case, because your guy... your leader... wants to lead the country thru fear, which is why he always throws out threats of something happening. Throws out all these accusations, and twisting of the real situation to meet his benefits...

You must be republican?

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Vick is well known in the dog fighting world and that was his property and the dogs are supposidly owned by his company. So why wouldn't he be in trouble? Why wouldn't the NFL fine him if he's found guilty on animal cruelty charges?

Dog fighting is a disgusting and cruel sport which has forever dammed the pit bull breed forever. People like Vick have made it difficult for average people like me to own a pit bull because they have been labeled an aggressive breed due to the decades of people who have bred them to be killers.

I read an article where some idiot had the nerve to say the dog has a choice in whether the dog is a fighter or not. Just more ridiculous things people dream up in order to make themselves feel better about being animal abusers. Hosing an injured dog down with water and then electricuting them is inhumane in every sense of the word.

I feel no pity for people who take part in the horrible world of dog fighting and yes they ALL deserve jail time, no matter how rich and famous they are.

PIN/ID

For starters it is very public information that Bill Clinton had Osama and let him go no fewer then 4 times before September 11. Do the math. If you know what is going on at your property yes you should go to jail. Michael Vick had a several million dollar house which he was at often and your argument is he did not know what was going on. Everyone can say that their mothers kenw what was going on at their house when they were not at home. As far as getting paid to take orders we all do just from different people. The only was griping and complaining are not the soldiers but their family members. They knew what they were getting into when they signed up and do an excellent job. I can think for myself and always have but I can see this is going nowhere. Just like many when you disagree with their opinion or voice your own they resort to personal attacks such as above when you do not even know the person. Nothing further.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

This thread has the potential to get out of control in a hurry. jbj, I gotta respectfully disagree with you on a lot of points on this one.

First, Dog Fighting is about as cruel and inhumane of a way to treat an animal as you can ask for. Throwing out the "what about furs" argument just doesn't cut it. In virtually every situation involving animals that are harvested for meat, fur, etc. the animals are cared for, fed, and generally not treated inhumanely throughout their lives in captivity to ensure that they can be harvested for maximum profit. We can debate about how humane it is to live life in a cage, but thats a topic for another thread.

Dogs bred for fighting are deliberately abused from birth. They are physically mistreated, fed saltpeter (a chemical that used to be used to make gunpowder) or other chemicals to alter their brains, and deliberately trained to be aggressive from day 1. They are kept in the most hostile of environments for the duration of their lives. When they fight, it is to the death. If they survive and are unable to fight again due to their injuries, they are disposed of, usually in a completely horrible way. Shooting, drowning, or electrocution is not uncommon for these animals. Worse, there is no way to "rehabilitate" these animals if they are rescued. Abused from birth, they are almost always so behaviorally damaged that euthnasia is the only way to treat them. Any person with a shred of common decency and respect for any level of life would never condone any such treatment.

As far as Vick is concerned, I am sorry, but that man and his entire family have been dirtbags since day 1. I live in Virginia. He was scum at VT. He was tolerated because he won football games. When his brother Marcus couldn't do the same thing on the football field (while doing much less off the field compared to his brother's tenure at Tech) they cut him loose and said take a walk.

He knew exactly what was going on at that house. He purchased it. He is the one who had the fences installed, had the additional facilities constructed for the dogs and trainers, purchased the equipment, etc. And according to at least one source, alledgedly there is at least one video tape of a dog fight with Vick clearly in attendance.

I am normally one to live and let live, but Vick does not deserve any such "pity". He deserves to be considered innocent until proven guilty, which I will allow because he is an American like the rest of us. However, if he is convicted, as I personally believe he will be, it is my sincere hope he is permanently banned from the NFL and thrown under the prison he is sent to. He has no regard for anyone but himself. He is like a lot of the modern, pampered athletes today. He considers himself above the law and better than the rest of society. What goes around comes around. I'll enjoy watching him go down in flames.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

And just my opinion on dog fighting in general. Its totally different about that stuff. Domesticated animals have had the ability to fend for themselves bred out of them for thousands of years. We have a trust and obligation to provide an environment for them to live in.

I agree with you, we euthanize millions of animals a year because there is no home for them. It is tragic in every way.

But they aren't being beaten and tortured daily in order to make them want to rip out the throat of another animal.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Iraq is a national issue but we shouldnt ignore minor offences. There are federal laws against dog fighting. Corporate crimes don't kill people or animals but do a lot of damage, arguments like "there are more important issues wont do much in court".

Furs get imported from all over the world. Wild animals will continue to get killed esp in countries which dont enforce their laws or have non. In undeveloped world people might consume the meat to stay alive.
    Overall we're are a bit more civilized to breed pets for entertaining bloodbaths then executing them.

PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Its an animal!!!!

People use guns to kill people everyday... But you can still go and buy one. Just wait 7 days.

Don't blame the fact that WE (yes we, because I had to get rid of my pit due to city ordinance) can't keep them on this guy. Write your elected officials, start a petition protests or some **** if you really feel that strong about it...

But don't put the blame on this guy.

I don't know who is known in the Dog Fighting world because I'm not in involved in it, and I refuse to speculate that his company owns the dogs... And if they did, well who cares?

Why waste all my tax money investigating who COULD own the dogs, when you should be investigating how corrupt the government COULD be. Since we've got vice presidents being linked to corportate scandals... Thats a higher priority to me than someone betting on animals.

Football players are paralyzed, race cars are demolished... If two boxers fight and one ends up dead or brain damaged, its okay... We've invested in this. This brings money to the city, and state. SO ITS ALL GOOD!!

If we as a society can endorse this barbaric behavior between humans, then why are we so opposed to it between animals?

The bottom line is, dog fighting has been around long before Mike Vick, and will be around long after...

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

The bottom line is the dogs aren't given a choice in the activities and environments they are forced to live in. Human beings do.

All the letters and petitions you are talking about are choices that you have the ability to make as a free citizen.

Choices these animals don't have. For that yes, I am happy to have tax dollars spent to ensure that the people responsible are held accountable.

As I would if it were a child prostitution ring, or slavery, or any other form of one human being exerting absolute control over another living being. Thats all for me. We respectfully agree to disagree.

I'm going to wash my car and listen to some music. Peace.

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

If two boxers fight and one ends up dead or brain damaged, its okay...
    boxers arent bred to box and arent put in a ring against their will. i always thought they had a minimum two digit IQ
    Last edited by kentrg; 07-21-2007 at 02:41 PM.

PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

And yes, I agree that once these animals are trained like this there is no hope, I agree they should be put down and relieved of the lifestyle. I agree that furs are from all over... I agree with everything you all are saying...

But my argument is more aimed at the fact that all this time and energy and manpower media coverage all brought on over a dog case.

I hear about dog rings all the time on the local news, but then its gone and done with. Whats the point of humiliating this man? Why is this dog case such a big deal?

Because it gives you an outlet? A face to point the finger at?

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~boxers. Football players and race car drivers are not forced to participate in those activities they work strive and sometimes cry and beg to be able to do it. Show me one pit bull that asked to be treated like that. True dog fighting has been around and will be around long after vick but so will drugs so should we just leave drug delaers alone. So will murders and rapes I guess they should be overlooked too. The things you are comparing to dog fighting are ridiculous.

PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

The best boxers are bred to box... You must not watch boxing, any of the greats were doing it since they were small, little.... BRED. And who know's if its against their will or not? Remember that guy who had the bomb strapped to his chest/head, and was forced to rob the bank... I'm sure that was against his will... So nobody really knows why other people do something... So we shouldn't act like it.

How about all the people who grow up in conditions that aren't perfect? The product of their environments... Exactly what you're referring to these dogs as. People who don't have the choice to go to the greatest school, or end up homeless as a result of a parent's mistake?

I don't see anyone rushing to aid these people who need help. Until then, don't waste my money on dead dogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast