Today, testing out the new curve and comparing them to other pdas / smart phones ... Stackers' Lounge forum

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

List a summry why blackberry's are better than another pda/smartphone

Advertisement

Today, testing out the new curve and comparing them to other pdas / smart phones I realized the pro's and cons. The pro's out weight the con in my opinion.

But I am curious to see how my list compare's to your. List your number one pro and con.

Pro - instant email
    con - not enough 3rd party applications for word / spreadsheets programs

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

Re: List a summry why blackberry's are better than another pda/smartphone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ pro:1. PIN messaging, which no other PDA format has. 2. Multitasking works great. 3. Simple, easy to use interface. 4. USB charger which is very easy to find. 5. Reliable. 6. Best reception of any practical PDA/Smartphone that I know of, though I confess I haven't owned a Nokia E60, 61, or 62. 7: durable.

Cons: 1. lockable by IT policy. I don't care about the reasons- it shouldn't be done, period. 2. Newer models don't have the sunlight readable screen which was a great advantage older ones had. 3. Out of reach media card slot making media uploading on the fly more troublesome. 4. No OEM spreadsheet program.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

The only other phone I've had which is anything close to a pda are the sidekicks 2 and 3.

The pros are:
    size (pearl is much smaller than the sk's)
    bb messenger
    3rd party apps - I could not load 3rd party apps to my sk's like I can on the pearl
    Themes - I could change my wallpaper but that is it no icons would change
    Emails - I could only use my tmail with the pearl I can have multiple email accounts forwarded to my phone.

Cons
    Network games - I miss being able to play games on my sk with other people with sk's..a lot of fun
    Wallpaper with sound - I had a star wars one that had darth vader talking and breathing whenever I opened my sk..really cool.

and that's pretty much the only con against the sk's haha.

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

I like to see this keep going. Anyone looking at the new MS base phone from sprint. They are suppose to have a push email on it?