Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by mserica513 i can dig it, I cant relate to him though. I ... Stackers' Lounge forum

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mserica513 View Post
    i can dig it, I cant relate to him though. I used to be able to and now I cant. Good music for me is music I can relate to, regardless of who or what genre. I dont get into people rapping about being rich, I aint rich. Now somebody needs to rap about sprints lack of mms on blackberries lol i'd cop that (j/k)
    that would be hilarious

"i got the new curve cause they said it was the best
    but now they got they trippin 'what no MMS?!'"

jawbrkr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    I for one have been listening to Lil Wayne's (wiki) music for years, he's been in the game for a very long time, he grew up listening to all various types of music and it shows in his own.

I was never a big fan of Rap/Hip-Hop music, but Lil Wayne's talent and unique style is undeniable, he's truly amazing. The first time I really sat down and listened to his music, I was blown away, his lyrics, his beats and his voice, it just comes together and blends like nothing I've ever heard before. I have invested time and some money to get a hold of ALL THE MUSIC I CAN, because he's just that good.

The other thing to love about this stunning rapper is the fact the he's invested tons of time and studio work to produce FREE music for his fans, if you're interested in hearing some of his music, just google Lil Wayne MP3's and you'll find a tremendous amount of FREE music to download (full albums, Mixtapes and Singles) that he has delivered for the sole purpose of pleasing his fans. Now that is what we as fans like to see, an artist giving back to his die hard fans, the fans that made his life what it is, he loves us and he shows us.

*all this is IMO, but Tell Me What You Think of Lil Wayne: THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE..Hands Down!!!

I can name a handful of rappers that are much better:

Jayz
    Black Thought (The Roots)
    Mos Def
    Talib Kweli
    Nas
    Celph Titled (Army of The Pharaohs)
    KRS ONE
    GZA (Wu Tang)..no one can put words together like him. Just listen to his song *FAME*...simply bananas.
    Last edited by jawbrkr; 07-11-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    मुझे इस बात की और हमेशा की जा!

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    JayZ pfft~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    I was having this discussion earlier this semester with some American dudes. NYers said Jay Z/Nas, someone from Chicago said Common/Kanye, ATLers said Andre 3000. I guess it's all subjective about what you like to hear and what you grew up listening to and of course the area you live in affects that one.

I still say Weezy F Baby is the best rapper alive. I'm from the caribbean and what I really respect is consistent content. If you know who Sizzla is, then you'd understand why so many caribbean ppl rate him as one of the best artists alive. I see Wayne in the same light. This kid produces consistent content that's relevant, it flows, he adds in the double entendres AND to make it worse he switches his style up. It's to the point where when I hear the original beats I don't think of the original artists words on it, I think of Weezy and what he did with it. And as someone said this kid loves music. He produced so many mixtapes just to get his voice out there for free! And none of them were of shoddy quality.

And whoever said Wayne takes other people's lyrics, I won't bother to dispute however the same can be said for Jay Z. Compare so many of his songs to others around NY at the same time and word for word it was the same. I know I'm going to get crucified for this but Jeezy/Ludacris/Fifty. It's not often I can remember every word for every track in an entire artists album and I can say that for these 4 artists. It must be a trini thing since they play a lot of Fifty/Weezy/Luda(Wu Tang also back in the day) back to back in a fete!

Oh and also to the person that commented on they don't like inhumane stuff where artists only sing about guns and killing. So drugs/devil worship aren't inhumane? I have a wide variety of taste(from Cranberries to Alanis to Beenie Man to Bounty Killer to Green Day to Bush to Metallica) and I really can't agree with this statement when it concerns rap alone. Almost every genre is like this.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i dunno man. i think the industry has gone down here since the whole "dirty south" thing came around. Mater P and No Limit Soliders, now Akon and T-Pain, and Flo-Rida, seriously.

They are killing the industry. Making it so commercial.
    Lil Wayne is cool, but the classics are the best man. I don't like some of these people are called rappers and they don't rap

Has anyone heard of Asher Roth? that kid is off the chain.

that's my 2 cents
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    very interesting. To each their own. I dont agree with Jay being the best, I dont agree with anyone being the best, only relevant to life IMO. Yea all artists use other artists lyrics, so no biggie there. And I agree with the inumane stuff, its in every genre but hiphop is "controversial" and what not. its other genres are not in the forefront like hip hop is now. I'll chill out before I get on my soapbox, this is the crackberry cafe and I dont want to get too serious so I will leave it at that.

My favorite rappers though are Scarface and Bun B I guess if I really had to choose my favorite it would be Scarface.

mrATL404 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I definitely think the best rapper debate is a subjective issue. I have several different favorite rappers (all for different reasons).

Lil Wayne has been killing the game lately. It seems like everything he touches is a hit. I haven't run across any of his features that just wasn't hot, hell...most of the time he kills the artist on their own song, lol. People were waiting to see how his own music would sell since he was the go to artist for everybody to get a hit.

I definitely don't think he is the best in general but he is the best at what HE does. I know a lot of people that get upset when he says he is the best rapper alive but I think its good to ride that line of confidence/cockiness as an artist. It just shows that he believes in himself and is doing this for a reason (whatever the reason may be).

Will Lil Wayne be killing the game 10 years from now....probably not but he is pumping a "lil" life back into the Hip Hop market (on a maintstream level). Sales have really been down and I think him selling A Milli the first week is a good look (even though people have been saying his label bought half of that). I don't believe that though.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Vanilla Ice all day
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

mrATL404 no está en línea Stack level 1
    LOL!

Alright stop, collaborate and listen
    Ice is back with my brand new invention

Oh hell nah, can't believe I still remember that ish.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    something grabs a hold of me tightly
    flows like a harpoon daily and nightly
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    will i ever stop yo,
    i dont know, turn off the lights, and i glow
    to the extreme i rock the mike like a vandal

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
    Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
    I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Deadly when I play a dope melody
    Anything less than the best is a felony
    Love it or leave it you better gain weight
    You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
    If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
    Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Now that the party is jumping
    With the bass kicked in and the vegas are pumpin'
    Quick to the point to the point no faking
    I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon
    Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble
    I go crazy when I hear a cymbal
    And a hi-hat with a souped up tempo
    I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
    The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
    Did you stop no I just drove by
    Kept on pursuing to the next stop
    I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
    The block was dead
    Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
    Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
    Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
    Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
    Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine
    Reading for the chumps on the wall
    The chumps acting ill because they're so full of eight balls
    Gunshots rang out like a bell
    I grabbed my nine all I heard were shells
    Falling on the concrete real fast
    Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
    Bumpet to bumper the avenue's packed
    I'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
    Police on the scene you know what I mean
    They passed me up confronted all the dope fiends
    If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
    Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

hey im 30 years old. It was either this or New kids on the block! haha
    Last edited by clarkkent51ny; 07-13-2008 at 06:51 AM.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    lil wayne the best!?!?!?! not close! not even in the top 20!!
    1.KRS ONE
    2.Nas
    3.Black Thought
    4.Rakim
    5.Scarface

I cant stand rappers that talk about nonesense everytime out! I dont care how much money he makes! Real heads are not satisfied with a few punch lines! he sounds like he's startin to go brain dead too, from the heavy drug abuse! And then there is the kiss?!?!?!

"anybody can battle for glory, but to kick a dope rhyme to wake up your peoples, another story!!! act like you never saw me, cuz when it comes to lyrics, i'm in a different category"-krs one-
    Last edited by rdills; 07-13-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lil wayne is the best rapper right now, hands down

corlissak no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D9084
    Best rapper alive? HELL YEAH! Anything else would be uncivilized! LMAO...a few of my faves, "Lollipop", "Ask them hoes", "Brand New", "Let the beat build", "A Milli", and "Mr. Carter". Gotta love that man!!!
    ~Strong Believer in Karma~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123