Credit goes to Hayden for this thread, his decision to bring back the Crackberry Cafe ... Stackers' Lounge forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Life (Past & Present)

Advertisement

Credit goes to Hayden for this thread, his decision to bring back the Crackberry Cafe somehow took me back in time.

Use this thread to reminisce back in time and then fast foward to now. Remembering old times and how they faded to new ideas and change.

Things such as?

growing up i had to walk to school each day. Today.... no way
    growing up bell bottom/Flare jeans were in along with Disco and everything it was about.

The Beatles ruled.
    Rap was not born yet.
    Cars were made of metal and sukd real gas.
    Nixon was the man
    The only things i cared about were (girls and baseball).
    Cell phones did not exsist and our home phone was rented for $1 a month. (hahaha)
    My parents purchased our 3500 square foot brick house for $6,000 (today it's worth $300,000)
    Long hair was in for the young and for the adults it was high & tight military style.
    Bigfoot was real (i thought so anyway)
    Howard Cosell got our attention.
    Ali was exciting
    Terry Bradshaw was a stud
    Jack Lambert ruled!
    Micky Rivers was it.
    Thurman Munson was the best.
    Pete Rose was Mr.Baseball.

Sometimes if we look back? it's easier to understand why, we are, where we are today.

I wouldn't change a thing and have enjoyed every minute of every day.
    I look forward to tomorrow.

I'm interested in how other Stackers have changed over the years?

pearlberry27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I used to think having a pager was the greatest thing ever, then they came out with the ones with a screen and even ones that talked! Colored ones big ones small ones round ones... Pagers wher the hotness, then I got a startac cell phone, flip phone with a battery ontop and the green-screen and rubber keys, man that thing could take a beating better than those yellow nextels... I remember my first non green-screen phone was... The blue-screen Samsung with the dancing panda on it haha.. First color screen was a Sony ericson, I remember when having a vga camera on your phone was the new talking pager then of course came polyphonic and then mp3 ringtones, and let's not forget extended txt for allowing us to send multiple pages to a txt msg. I remember when I saw the first blackberry, that big blocky blueberry of a phone with the cool icons and nifty ringtones, continued on without a blackberry untill the 7100 came out, then the 7105t was next, went through a few of those (I'm bad with phones) untill I got a Siemens sk65 blackberry edition and then moved to a Samsung t809, the sk65 was pushing it but it had blackberry features... The samsung, didn't last 2 weeks before I sold it for another 7105t, the pearl came out and I was in love with the 7105t, swore up and down the pearl was stupid with its trackwheel and who needed it anyway, broke the usb port on the 7105 and tried a blackberry pearl, needless to say its my new love

So from talking pagers to voice recognition on the pearl, we've come a long way

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

Re: Life (Past & Present)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ phone wise, I started in college with a landline, then eventually a landline and pager, both of which I determined were totally useless because when I was in the car I couldn't do anything and that was usually when I needed to talk most for directions and event coordination. I got a Nokia, then a startac, then a kyocera, then a Nokia, all with alltel. Then I determined I wanted something better, and something I could talk back and forth with my sweetie with so we both switched to Nextel. That went so so for a year, then I changed jobs and started working for Verizon. I went from a Motorola V710 to an LG 4650 for a while then a Motorola 815. I started to really get an itch for a BB a few months ago-had wanted a PDA phone for a long time while in the phone biz as a hobby and status symbol but got over wanting it for the latter. My significant other really needed one, being a head student living minute to minute by her email and needing the organization and full portable web access intensely for professional reasons and then additionally personal stuff like keeping up with dozens of distant friends. So about a month ago she got a 7250 and won't be parted with it. Two or three weeks later, I was in position to sell a valuable football ticket, and a coworker happened to have this 7130 that he figured he just didn't need and the football ticket he certainly did. The ticket and my old phone, market price about 125 together, for the Berry about twice that on eBay. I was delighted, and after our home team lost I was more than convinced I came out ahead. Now I will never be without a berry ever again if I can help it!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Life (Past & Present)

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    Things such as?

growing up i had to walk to school each day. Today.... no way
    growing up bell bottom/Flare jeans were in along with Disco and everything it was about.

The Beatles ruled.
    Rap was not born yet.
    Cars were made of metal and sukd real gas.
    Nixon was the man
    The only things i cared about were (girls and baseball).
    Cell phones did not exsist and our home phone was rented for $1 a month. (hahaha)
    My parents purchased our 3500 square foot brick house for $6,000 (today it's worth $300,000)
    Long hair was in for the young and for the adults it was high & tight military style.
    Bigfoot was real (i thought so anyway)
    Howard Cosell got our attention.
    Ali was exciting
    Terry Bradshaw was a stud
    Jack Lambert ruled!
    Micky Rivers was it.
    Thurman Munson was the best.
    Pete Rose was Mr.Baseball.

Sometimes if we look back? it's easier to understand why, we are, where we are today.

I wouldn't change a thing and have enjoyed every minute of every day.
    I look forward to tomorrow.

I'm interested in how other Stackers have changed over the years?
    hmm..i'm feeling pretty philosophical today...i like this one.

my parents built a house on 50 acres of land in no where Texas when I was 13 and made me move away from all my friends. we had what was called a 'party line' where you would share your phone with a neighbor down the street (NOT within walking distance - only by lawn mower or horse). my sister and i played OUTSIDE from sun up to sun down - on all 50 acres of land. i would carry this huge 'boom box' that my mom bought for us around the entire place - batteries inside jammin to Van Halen's JUMP! this was 1984. people had cable, but out in the sticks, you couldn't get it...so we had one of those huge satellite dishes that actually moved from side to side, up and down to positions. its still there, to this day...although my mom has the dishtv now (and still can't get DSL!!). i remember my dad having a bag mobile phone from radio shack - he loved radio shack...that is where our first PC came from. Although I do remember having one that was an 'all in one' with a tiny green screen where we played pong. when windows 95 first came out my father - a computer analyst turned firefighter - told me he hated it. "I'm a DOS man" he said. well, just a few months later, he was a total convert when he first hooked up the internet to our house, it was so freaking slow you could walk away and cook dinner before the page would load. external modem on, i believe, a 256...does that sound right techies? i got my first cell phone when my son was 1 year old. that was 1995.

who i dreamed of marrying when i was a teenager?
    Lloyd Dobler

boy those were the days.