Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I prefer winers to whiners. :P Some people have raised their bashing-victim ... Stackers' Lounge forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I prefer winers to whiners. :P

Some people have raised their bashing-victim sensitivity to ethereal levels.

Relax.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I prefer winers to whiners. :P

Some people have raised their bashing-victim sensitivity to ethereal levels.

Relax.
    I don't know...i'm kind of a straight shooter and if someone posts something stupid or wrong or whatever, then I'll respond that their post was stupid or wrong or whatever. I posted to the one guy that he obviously did not read my 1 sentence post carefully and to not put words in my mouth. My one sentence said, "My understanding is that Tmo's and ATT's 3g networks will not be compatible." That's it, nothign more, nothing less. He responded by saying I don't have any experience with unlocked devices because his friend had a 3G tilt that was unlocked and 3g didn't work, but edge and voice and data worked on Tmo.

So I responded by telling him he obviously did not read my post carefully because I didn't say anything about edge, voice, or data, so don't put words in my post and then respond to them like I posted his words. I actually just got a PM from a mod reprimanding me because I was attacking his opinion, which I consider bunk. He read my post wrong, I pointed it out for him, and he agreed we are now on the same page. But then a mod thinks I'm attacking him? Pulleez! that's like if someone said 1+1=4, you tell him he's wrong, then you get reprimanded for telling him he's wrong!

Seriously, what is going on with people...not just on the internetz, but everywhere in the real world? So many people in our U.S. society now are so "sensitive" anymore, and then there are those that actually stand up for the "sensitive" people when it's uncalled for. It's like so many people out there are calling themselves "victims" of everything...hate, race, flaming, their neighbor, the dogs, the rain, etc. etc. "I had 4 kids before I was 22, none of the 4 baby's daddies are around...I'm a victim!" I'm not saying there are no REAL victims out there who are being or have been genuinely attacked in some way, but for those "champions of the [pseudo]victims", I think they should stand back, take a look at the situation, and actually ask themselves if this is something that the "victim" should be able to take care of themselves or not. I believe 9 times out of 10, the "victim" CAN in fact take care of themselves or have been able to prevent themselves from being a "victim" over and over again. But as long as these "champions of the [pseudo] victims" keep on trying to save them, the "victims" will never take care of themselves or they'll keep on making mistakes that keep them "victims".

We've become a society of enablers. No wonder Dr. Phil is in business.

My rant is over.
    Last edited by mrdeeno; 05-24-2008 at 10:59 PM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Well unfortuanatly, the US has changed the way it deals with people. Creating a NON-real world view of everything, WHen we were kids, the people that did't play well, be it base ball or foot ball or what ever didn't make the team. And Some where, some bozo decided that this was not a nice thing to do. Well guess what kids, Arent we supposed to be rasining our kids in a way to prepair them for real life on their own?? Well there are people that don't make the cut. Might as well start learing that fact early. I know there can be alot of missundersatndings in a Forum, emotion and intent do not come through in text. I think we all need to spend a little time crafting our replys (Spelling doesn't count LOL), Treat others as you wish to be treated. But not everyone is going to make the team!
    Just my 2 cents.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    No wonder Dr. Phil is in business.
    No, Dr. Phil is in business b/c he says stupid things like " If you go out in the rain, you're going to get wet." LOL

I do have to agree with you guys. Society has had an evolution as a whole, especially in the last 10-20 years. This has bread a whole bunch of whiners and people who think they are entitled to something without having to earn it. Society as a whole has adopted the " Don't you know who I am?" attitude. When my son gets a little older and starts playing sports I am specifically going to look for a league where only the 1st, 2nd, and possibly 3rd place teams get trophy's. That drove me insane when I was younger. You could be the last place team and you would get the same size trophy as the first place team. Now they have games where they don't even keep score. That way no one has to lose. Absurd!

i have a friend who lives down near San Antonio, TX, and she's a teacher. You should hear what they've done down there in that school district she works in...there are no more gifted programs, no more A, B, C tracks, no advanced classes, etc. All the students are LUMPED TOGETHER and randomly split up into class sizes and all learn the same thing at the same pace. It's pretty obvious how bad this is for students that actually need more advanced classes and quicker paces.

The reason they did this is so that slower students don't feel bad they aren't in the more advanced tracks or classes. I wonder what moron thought of this move? Maybe it has something to do with No Child Left Behind...because if you keep others from getting ahead, then no one will be "left behind". How this prepares these kids for the real world I have no idea, because in the real world, if you're not striving to get ahead, no one's going to prevent OTHERS from trying to get ahead of you. But then this turns right back into the victim mentality...because others are getting ahead, the one left behind is now a "victim" of society because society didn't prepare him for the real world. So now the apologists and "champions of the victims" step in and demand equality for this victim. And in doing so, the people who work smart and work hard instead of playing victim, get to pay for the well being of the victim through the money he is taxed.

And you should see the way they are supposed to teach students how to read. They don't use phonetics anymore, which is how I learned to read and what I think is superior to the memorization method. She has to teach reading by associating objects/words with the letter combination and this is mandated by the school district. They will not let her teach phonetics. Even she thinks phonetics is superior, but she has no choice. Let's say you don't know how to spell "telephone", but you have heard it before and know what it is. You see the letters and sound out the word..."tell-e-fone"...telephone! you now know the meaning of the letter combination that makes up "telephone". With the memorization method, you have to associate the letter combination "telephone" with a telephone. You can't sound it out because you weren't taught phonetics. If you never saw the particular letter combination before, you are screwed. It's like they don't want students to think anymore but instead to memorize and regurgitate.

No wonder society is going downhill.
    Last edited by mrdeeno; 05-27-2008 at 02:32 PM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I say we take the Safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself. If you are dumb enough to get in the shower with a blow drier, then so be it. Its natural selection... Its only natural.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 05-27-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Cuz I spell like I am drunk
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Natural selection went out the window as soon as human "civilization" was created. That's when "political selection" took over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12