Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by LaTuFu Just in case anyone was wondering, this batch is now ready. ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Just Brewin'

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering, this batch is now ready. And Yummy.

Pictures tomorrow.
    Forget the pics how bout a glass .....or two or three!!!!!!!!!!

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

i was going to mention the thumbnail too buttercup.
    Last edited by StaceyRVC; 11-15-2007 at 05:22 PM.

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

i gotta try this!! thanx!!!!
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

The finished product:

Beautiful Head, wonderful color. Tastes even better!

If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Nice. You are one lucky S.O.B.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by deepdish View Post
    i was going to mention the thumbnail too buttercup.
    Thanks, BFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Blukrystlz View Post
    i noticed that too out of everything...

fufu fossil i want some beer!
    Sorry Blu Blu Bag, this is a Southern Brew!
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 11-15-2007 at 07:56 PM.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Actually there are a few places where you can be liscenced to make moonshine. It is either in WV or Va where there is a guy that is the only liscenced Moonshiner in the country for commercial production. He is limited in the amount that he can brew, but it was on Dateline one night. A really interesting show, but he is limited in how much he can brew per month and I thought it was legal to shine or brew in small quantities as long as it was for personal consumption and not sale or commercial purposes (although I could be mistaken).

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Pics Look good LT...............great head and color. True that!

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I don't know the details of the moonshiner legally distilling, so I won't dispute them.

Brewing beer is legal in all 50 states for personal consumption. Each state has different limits, but most allow up to 400 gallons per year. It cannot be sold.

Distilling is not legal in any state.

Wrong. Just ask Jack Daniel's Distillers Old No. 7. They make the best whiskey..

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    Wrong. Just ask Jack Daniel's Distillers Old No. 7. They make the best whiskey..
    You were talking about Moonshine, not legal distilled spirits...

Found a link to the legal moonshiner, and it is WV (one of my original choices):
    http://www.ellenjaye.com/wh_mountainmoon.htm note: it says he is an attorney, so there mustbe some loop holes in the lawthat he knows about.

Did a little searching and for tax free purposes it is a limit of 200 gallons per 2 adult household (100 gallons for a single adult household) per year of tax free beeror wine that can be produced. Anything above that limit is subject to taxation laws.
    As for distillation, one can own and operate a still for alcohol production purposes for consumption if they register and are granted a permit through the BATF, the same goes for fuel alcohol production or experimentation (chemistry use) with the granting of a permit as well. You are correct about legality for personal consumption without the permit in that it is illegal.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    Found a link to the legal moonshiner, and it is WV (one of my original choices):
    http://www.ellenjaye.com/wh_mountainmoon.htm note: it says he is an attorney, so there mustbe some loop holes in the lawthat he knows about.

Did a little searching and for tax free purposes it is a limit of 200 gallons per 2 adult household (100 gallons for a single adult household) per year of tax free beeror wine that can be produced. Anything above that limit is subject to taxation laws.
    As for distillation, one can own and operate a still for alcohol production purposes for consumption if they register and are granted a permit through the BATF, the same goes for fuel alcohol production or experimentation (chemistry use) with the granting of a permit as well. You are correct about legality for personal consumption without the permit in that it is illegal.
    The key point is registration. The main reason most moonshine we hear about is "illegal" is because its never been taxed. In most cases, the government doesn't really have much of an issue with the product. They just have an issue with it being made and sold without them getting a piece of the action.

As far as the 200 gallon limit, it varies by state. Where I am its 400 gallons per household. Gotta love google!

That could be true, but I got my info from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) which is a federal regulation bureau, and in the class that I just finished on Business Law, according to the Constitution, in matters where regulations are in question when a federal regulatory committee is in disagreement with the state, the federal regulatory committee trumps the state and the state regulation will be declared unconstitutional. I may be wrong here (as there could be some other matter regarding interstate commerce, which is also a federally regulated area) that would override the ATF bounds, but just in case I would limit my usage to 200 gallons per 2 adult household as that is directly what is spelled out in the ATF regulations. Once again I could be wrong here though.
    Last edited by squeakr; 11-17-2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Possibly, and I could be wrong as well. But our local brewclub has been at it for years, and we've all been told state law is 400. But anywho. If I brew 100 in a year I'd be cranking it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast