so I have a new laptop and have always stored my itunes library on a ... Stackers' Lounge forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question iTunes on a new PC

Advertisement

so I have a new laptop and have always stored my itunes library on a portable HD - installed itunes on teh new pc and set the library to the F:/ drive - but I get the message that I can only sync with one library - the library hasn't changed - always been on my portable - any ideas on how to get this to work with the new PC?

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    forget itunes, download winamp they will let u manage and add ya songs and stuff to it with out it wiping the drive clean

PIN/ID
    just ask
    and if winamp dont see anything or let u do anything after u load it up and cant see the drive or can see it but cant add or do anything try this plugin

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/221815

or even look around there on winamp

u know i trashed itunes i use winamp and mlipod plugin and once in awhile will use anapod cause i was getin sick of itunes wanting to do that all the time or me not even clickin crap and it would kill the itunes.db and wipe the ipod

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5
    Agreed - I hate iTunes!

Other alternatives include Mediamonkey and J River Media Center.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    so I have a new laptop and have always stored my itunes library on a portable HD - installed itunes on teh new pc and set the library to the F:/ drive - but I get the message that I can only sync with one library - the library hasn't changed - always been on my portable - any ideas on how to get this to work with the new PC?
    Sorry your question wasn't answered. But, as of right now you can only have your iPod/iPhone registered in one location with iTunes. This issue is going to be resolved in the immediate future with the next itunes upgrade.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 05-06-2009 at 06:49 AM.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Sorry your question wasn't answered. But, as of right now you can only have your iPod/iPhone registered in one location with iTunes. This issue is going to be resolved in the immediate future with the next itunes upgrade.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    his ? was answered by me lol does not matter what itunes u use, itunes is still a pain in the ___ and no need for it when winamp will manage the ipod or usb harddrives with no probi have over 14382 songs on my ipod and itunes cant even load up with out crashing yet i open winamp and 2 min later i can manage my ipod so that shows u its crap and also anapod can handle it to

just downloaded winamp 5.5 - all of my media is on a portable HD - how do I get winamp to automatically pull up my library when the drive is connected? I don't want to add all of the media to the pc...thanks

actually, i think i figured that one out - but i have a video playing and there's no video showing?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    when playin a video u should have the option when u right click on winamp to have the video window come up or switch to it

I do, yes. but in the middle of the screen, all I get is a little "rooster" and film strip icon that reads nullsoft video.

i am obviously missing a codec or something but have no idea...

PIN/ID
    just ask
    yea could be, download klite codec pack and see if it makes a diff