Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was just looking at the president debate thread and while I was reading I ... Stackers' Lounge forum

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3

Iraq?

Advertisement

I was just looking at the president debate thread and while I was reading I was thinking about the war in Iraq since that seems to be a big factor in the decision for president for some people. What is your opinion? Do you think we are fighting for something? Fighting for nothing?

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    pull all of the troops out and nuke it i say

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    At this stage our Presence over there is useless, we accomplished nothing, we retaliated for what was done on 911, that was a given. But we should not have stayed any longer.

This part of the World is born in war, and our leaders have engaged us in a lifelong war, now they don't know how to get out. We should have long realized that the only thing we are doing there is dying.

Bring the Troops home, you can not teach/train a people that doesn't want to be taught, besides every country in the world doesn't have to be a carbon copy of America's Political Views.

We are engaged in a Useless Battle!

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    how can you say we accomplished nothing?? Im not saying I totally agree with being there this long....BUT to say we've accomplished nothing? Do you have any idea what our troops have done over there?
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Yes, I do! If you believe we've accomplished something, than what is it that you believe we accomplished by being over there?

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    we have given thousands of Iraqis hope and a better chance of living in a more free country.....not freedom, but at least in the right direction
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    we have given thousands of Iraqis hope and a better chance of living in a more free country.....not freedom, but at least in the right direction
    That is nothing to applaud ourselves for when millions in our own country and communities are denied a better chance. Need I remind you of our issues here, I don't think so, just turn on any News channel, read any News Paper, all of that money that we've wasted over there could have been used here.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    You think its fair that my hard earned money goes to so an so for having 4 kids out of wedlock? Too many lazy ssa ppl gettin free rides

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Having the troops in Iraq is a waste of time.... the government should be trying to fix problems within our own country..
    LMAO at bj wheeler and his ex daily!
    twitter

You think its fair that my hard earned money goes to so an so for having 4 kids out of wedlock? Too many lazy ssa ppl gettin free rides
    Well, I don't know what led you to believe that was what I was alluding to but it was far from that. However, if I were to continue with your line of thought than I must take it that you believe your hard earned money should go to support a nation that harbors terrorist.

I was talking about Americans that can not find a job that pays enough for them to support their families, our the College Student that has worked for a few years while attending Classes full time. And it became to much, so they had to move to another state, only to be denied Unemployment Benefits.

I was talking about Americans that can't afford Health insurance, No, no one is talking about a free Ride, I've been working all my life and every couple years the SS raise the age for retirement. I don't like the fact that my taxes are funneled out of the country to support other countries get what they deny Americans in America.

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Having the troops in Iraq is a waste of time.... the government should be trying to fix problems within our own country..
    100% agree.

if they cant fight their own war they shouldnt drag others into it. let em get on with it.

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    A better chance of living? To me it sounds like their living is getting worse, with things like Abu Graibe (not completely sure if that's how you spell it) and them having less electricity. I have not seen anything that shows life is better.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Funny how ppl think we are wasting money over there when I feel that so much of our tax money gets wasted on lazy ssa americans!

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    So 40 million immagrants can get jobs and support their families but americans can't? They come here with nothing (not that I'm ok with that either) and they rasie families but too many of our own ppl can't ... Why is that?

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    #1 I didn't say I totally agree witht the war.... I originally said they DiD accomplish something.

#2 I love you guys, we are just debating. No hard feelings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast