I have used iPods for years with really no complaints - other than the bullshit ... Stackers' Lounge forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

iPod or Zune?

Advertisement

I have used iPods for years with really no complaints - other than the bullshit DRM thing (I feel that if I buy a song I OWN IT and should be use it anywhere I want to), the iPod has been a faithful companion and pretty easy to use. But I took a peek at the new Zune 120 and LOVED the screen a whole lot better than the iPod's.

Should I make the jump to the ZUNE? I have read that there is a SW available to convert anything I have on iTuines to play on teh ZUNE so that shoudlnt be an issue...

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Zune! All the way! I have owned the 30gb no problems, returned it said it had battery issues just to get the 80gb. There was no batt problem. Zune is awesome the Zune software is based on windows media player. Very simple and easy to use.

but how easy is i to REALLY transfer my iTunes library to the Zune?

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Agh..... That I am unaware of. If its songs that were purchased through iTunes it might be a little hard.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Why not go Blackberry? I only use my blackberry for media. Not into proprietary devices.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Why not go Blackberry? I only use my blackberry for media. Not into proprietary devices.
    That may be convenient, but anybody who cares for good sound quality will be hurting on any phone I've listened to. Zunes sound great and you're not crippled to itunes if you want to use a different media player or ripper. Ipods aren't BAD they're just fairly limited. It's good for people who want things simple but it comes at a price if you don't care for itunes (me) or you think it's lacking on sound quality (also me).

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I dj on the weekends and use my 8310 as a media player and it works great. I'm sure if you use the blackberry with headphones I'm sure the sound quality is lacking but for everything else it seems to work great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I dj on the weekends and use my 8310 as a media player and it works great. I'm sure if you use the blackberry with headphones I'm sure the sound quality is lacking but for everything else it seems to work great for me.
    Maybe, I pretty much need a 5 band equalizer to be able to shape the sound I want for each style of music I listen to.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    The only difference is mine is hooked to a Mackie DFX-12 with Carver amps and Mackie speakers and subs. I don't get any complaints with my customers at the bar I dj at. I'm sure having a 5 band eq or a built in DSP makes a difference as well.

Yeah, using it as a line out into a mixer and amp is a bit different then using it alone as all those things directly into headphones Sounds like you get a decent amount of non-phone use out of your BB which is pretty awesome.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Nah, I forget most of you guys don't know that I'm a mobile telecom admin. so I have a 8310 that I use separately as just a dedicated media player. I just took one of my old users Curve that they trashed and just use it as a media player cause the phone itself is physically damaged. My actual 8310 that I use as my work phone I never hook into my mixer cause of the obvious!

when my BB can acomodate 76GB of storage I may think abouyt it