Indiana Jones came on cable today... the third one... known as "The Last Crusade." I ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Indiana Jones and the Kindgom Of The Crystal Skull

Advertisement

Indiana Jones came on cable today... the third one... known as "The Last Crusade."
    I got to thinking, "The Last Crusade?" Isn't there a new movie coming out soon? So that means "The Last Crusade isn't really the last crusade!

I got to thinking, same with alot of movies!

Friday the 13th IV: The Final Chapter

Okay, Jason's dead right? Wrong. "The New Beginning" came out the very next year. By the 5th movie sequel the title became Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday. But was it really the final friday? No, then there was Jason Goes To Space, Freddy vs Jason, another "reimagining" of the beginning of the series, and Freddy vs Jason 2 in the talks!

Freddy's Dead, The Final Nightmare

The sixth NIghtmare on Elm St where Freddy supposidly will not be appearing in any more movies, right? Wrong, then there was New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason, the sequel, and another reimagining!

X-Men: The Last Stand, not really, they have 3 more they want to do!

Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier, not really, 2 more movies with Kirk came out, then 3 with Picard, and now guess what? ANOTHER REIMAGINING!!!

Urban Legends: Final Cut, they put part 3 out straight to video 3 years later!

Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter, they put out 2 more after that!

I'm sure there's more but these were all I can think of. When is enough "enough"?!

And why do people have to reimagine all these Japanese horror movies and U.S. Classic movies? They should get there own idea! I just thought this whole new Indiana Jones movie was silly, the dude's like 90 now! But I'll probably still see it.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Bolomite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    Indiana Jones came on cable today... the third one... known as "The Last Crusade."
    I got to thinking, "The Last Crusade?" Isn't there a new movie coming out soon? So that means "The Last Crusade isn't really the last crusade!

I got to thinking, same with alot of movies!

Friday the 13th IV: The Final Chapter

Okay, Jason's dead right? Wrong. "The New Beginning" came out the very next year. By the 5th movie sequel the title became Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday. But was it really the final friday? No, then there was Jason Goes To Space, Freddy vs Jason, another "reimagining" of the beginning of the series, and Freddy vs Jason 2 in the talks!

Freddy's Dead, The Final Nightmare

The sixth NIghtmare on Elm St where Freddy supposidly will not be appearing in any more movies, right? Wrong, then there was New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason, the sequel, and another reimagining!

X-Men: The Last Stand, not really, they have 3 more they want to do!

Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier, not really, 2 more movies with Kirk came out, then 3 with Picard, and now guess what? ANOTHER REIMAGINING!!!

Urban Legends: Final Cut, they put part 3 out straight to video 3 years later!

Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter, they put out 2 more after that!

I'm sure there's more but these were all I can think of. When is enough "enough"?!

And why do people have to reimagine all these Japanese horror movies and U.S. Classic movies? They should get there own idea! I just thought this whole new Indiana Jones movie was silly, the dude's like 90 now! But I'll probably still see it.
    Umm not to nitpick, but by "Last Crusade" they were referring to the Crusades of during the time medieval Europe which were started in part to find the Holy Chalice and not that it was the last Indiana Jones movie

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I humbly disagree. That's what I used to think but the fact that they haven't made a indy movie in ten years verified the that they weren't interested in making another. Hence the title. When Stallones rocky and rambo movies were green lit they pitched "bringing back Indy"

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    From TheRaider.net

"The Indiana Jones series were originally planned as a trilogy, and The Last Crusade's final shot of Indy and his father riding into the sunset had "The End" written all over it."

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I cant believe how bad this movie was!!!

ALIENS!!??? ugh....
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post

ALIENS!!??? ugh....
    Dude I still haven't seen it! You just ruined the whole movie for me!!!

Nah I'm kidding, though I haven't seen it yet but I know the whole myth about crystal skulls, I was just hoping they wounldn't go that far in this movie. I'll be seeing it this Saturday.

But it cracks me up b/c this movie has to deal with an artifact used in New Age mythology and part 1 and 3 had Christian themes to it! Those 2 totally contradict themselves!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

ALIENS!!??? ugh....
    Yep, POOPTASTIC!

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ for those of you who don't know what a crystal skull or hasn't seen the movie yet (neither have I, so I don't know EXACTLY what they say) check this link out.

http://www.mendhak.com/80-the-13-crystal-skulls.aspx

Tells ya all about the things

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Why, those Germans deflating/dissolving in the FIRST movie were what, Oh-Kay?!

I remember I burst out laughing, out loud! My gf and her gf next to me tried to sush me, then they too got caught up in hysteric giggles

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i still want to see it.

PIN/ID
    n/a

ALIENS!!??? ugh....
    I liked the movie. Just saw it. Agreed its not the conventional Indy movie, but it held true to the mythology. There has been supernatural forces in all the movies. In Ark and Crusade it was Godlike power, in Doom it was Indian black magic.

Without spoiling the movie too much, alls I can say what it was about crystal skulls, crystal skulls (according to the mythology in the links a few posts back) is based on Myan civiization, and we all know some of the theories about Myans and Egyptians and Aztecs right? Where pyramids come from and what the cultures worshiped and what not.

So I think the movie was good because it held true to the culture's mythology.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    The creators' minds are visible -- just peek through the crystal skull