Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by zippys Will I just apply to bay state college I'm having a ... Stackers' Lounge forum

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: I'm need some college advice plz.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zippys
    Will I just apply to bay state college I'm having a meeting with them this week hope all goes well I'm applying for daytime classes[...]Can't wait for the PARITYS
    Careful with early classes and parties. From experience staying out until wee hours of the morning at a killer party, then realizing you have a class in three hours doesn't make for a good time.

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

At a community college for the two years, you’re more than likely to get a better education than you will at a major University.

The professors at a ComCol for the most part are experience WORKING folk who have passion to pass on their work experience to you. You actually get a little of mentoring going on their. You don't get that until you get to the later part at a Major University.

The classes in general are smaller and most likely you might need the attention before they send you off to your Junior & Senior years.

If you’re looking for money, you should apply to your local Rotary club, Lions Club, ect. They all offer small scholarships (@$2000) to applicants. Most people aren't aware of this and usually you have a good % of getting some help.

Before you sign up for the classes try to find out about the professors and don't be shy to ask around. Usually in the course descriptions, they usually tell a little bit about the person teaching it.

After you get acclimated work on figureing out where you what you want to get your degree in.

On a job interview, it’s grabs an employer’s ear when you call out the graduating college. The “How you got their” is secondary.

Good luck.
    Last edited by _Bulz_Eye_; 06-26-2007 at 11:44 PM.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

www.ratemyprofessors.com

I think. Did I spell it right?

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

One of the most marketable careers in today's market is nursing, another being allied health (i.e. radiology, respiratory therapy, dental hygiene; etc...). Ygr majority of those working in healthcare (I'm one of them, I should know) got all of their education from a community college.

You don't necessarily need a four year degree to make a good living. A nurse friend of mine has been doing contract work in California for 2.5 years, and has managed to save over $200k.

Just food for thought.

zippys no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Lightbulb Re: I'm need some college advice plz.

Ok guys thanks for helping me to makeing my chioces here an update on what happen. I apply for bay state college which is a four years private school 20k per year for BUS. ADMIN is right in the heart of boston my classes start in july 5 wow very soon and all pay for with pell grant and loans. All I have to do is now go to class and don't screw up and put in 100 percent effort. Books cost A LOT. Anyone know where to get cheap use books on thw web or store?

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Amazon.com has the cheapest books...but you gotta make sure its the correct edition, they change them up a lot and you dont want to pay for a book you can't do anything with because they've started using a newer addition.

jaythestar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto

One of the most marketable careers in today's market is nursing, another being allied health (i.e. radiology, respiratory therapy, dental hygiene; etc...). Ygr majority of those working in healthcare (I'm one of them, I should know) got all of their education from a community college.

You don't necessarily need a four year degree to make a good living. A nurse friend of mine has been doing contract work in California for 2.5 years, and has managed to save over $200k.

Just food for thought.
    I just wanted to say OOH-RAH to you.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by zippys
    Books cost A LOT. Anyone know where to get cheap use books on thw web or store?
    Best place I've found is http://www.fetchbook.info/

You can search by Title, Author, Keyword or ISBN. They search tons of other sites for the cheapest (including Amazon, Half, eBay, etc.). It's a great site - has saved me a lot!

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Quote Originally Posted by jaythestar
    I just wanted to say OOH-RAH to you.
    Semper Fi, jaythestar. Are you in the Corps?
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    Best place I've found is http://www.fetchbook.info/

You can search by Title, Author, Keyword or ISBN. They search tons of other sites for the cheapest (including Amazon, Half, eBay, etc.). It's a great site - has saved me a lot!
    Thanks for the tip tec

zippys no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thank you so much you guys are the best. Unlike many other kids I don't live with my parent so I have no one to look up to nor the guild me the right ways

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12