I know this doesn't really have any thing to do with anything, but I'm in ... Stackers' Lounge forum

lilspun247 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Smile I'm in a Jam! Any suggestions???

Advertisement

I know this doesn't really have any thing to do with anything, but I'm in a jam and I need ideas on how to fix my problem. My real life friends seem to have disapeared at the first sign of my struggle so i'm turning to my people on the web for suggestions. About three days before my rent was due my roommate bailed so he wouldn't have to pay rent and now I'm left about 600 dollars short for rent and i don't want to get evicted.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for coming up with that kind of cash quick???

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: I'm in a Jam! Any suggestions???

hmm.. so many answers come to mind for a pretty, young female to make quick cash, but only two ideas won't get me a mod warning soooo..

-talk to the landlord and explain the situation and take out a loan

if you've been a good tenant and payed on time, most will work with you. there's a lot of redtape they have to go through to evict someone. use the extra time you score to apply for a small, personal loan from your bank. you can be approved almost instantly and depending your credit, up to $1000 can be received within days at a fair APR.

I would also suggest taking that roommate to small claims court and getting the filing process moving ASAP so they can get served. I hope you were smart and had some sort of agreement signed by them (if their name wasn't on the lease directly).

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'd also start looking for another roomate immediately if you're looking to stay there.

Good luck lilspun.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ditch77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I dont know if it would help, but check out your lease papers you signed. I got bored one day and actually read all that crap and found where it said something about each persons name on the lease being responsible for their part of the rent. I called and asked about it and they said that if my room mate moved out unexpectedly since both our names were on the lease that they would only require me to pay my half. They said they would deal with getting their money from the other person. Its probably different depending on where you live and what management company runs your place, but it would be cool if it worked out that way for you. Good luck! That really sucks, and I hope you get it figured out.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

All good advice, but the best one would be go to the landlord and explain the situation. Should work in your favor if you have been a good tenant.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Yup, like the others have said, the landlord does not want to evict you, it costs too much. They would rather work with you to get the most benefit out of your situation. Be honest and work something out with them. It will pay in the long run. Best of luck.

z4k
    z4k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CC1FFF

Any chance your roomie signed the Lease/Rent/Ownership papers? If they did take them to court.

Lso find a new Roomie ASAP and make them sign papers/agreement...Yada Yada
    FMDT | The ORIGINAL MONKEYS!
    YAKUZA DRIFT!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Were you able to get it resolved? If so what did you end up doing?

Ditch77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I am also curious what happened.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ me too. Man, though as much as this problem is tricky, I must say that the one option that entered at least one of the previous poster's minds-let's just say as referenced by a movie with Demi Moore as a single mom- sure as heck does seem an easy one that quite honestly as a guy I must say i'm envious of. I wish I could do something like that for quick money. About the only thing I know of that a guy can do for tons of money fast is to work in Alaska crabbing or fishing, but that's a heck of a lot harder and takes a long, expensive plane ride to get to and 1 in 10 odds of dying. For anyone who says attractive women don't have it easy in life, I must strongly say BS. I can't pay for my bar tab with a tight shirt.

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict

See you on Judge Judy in about 3 months.

Just make sure to take your BB and give it a shoutout during the trial.