Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Neither. Google Chrome all the way. It is the fastest I have ever seen. ~via ... Stackers' Lounge forum

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Neither. Google Chrome all the way. It is the fastest I have ever seen.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Windows Update

Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    Don't remove it. IE sucks and all but other than certain websites working better with it, there are certain things that other browsers can't do because they aren't part of the operating system... like looking up system information for you. Just keep it just in case.
    Another reason to keep it, Windows Update requires Internet Explorer

No one uses Safari?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Another reason to keep it, Windows Update requires Internet Explorer

No one uses Safari?
    I tried Safari months ago. It was very fast as I remember but couldn't get used to it and haven't used it since then.

It's probably a good time to make the browser rounds again and give them all a try. Maybe tomorrow - just call me Scarlett, even tho I'm a guy.

Happy New Year everyone.

Be safe tonight and start the prosperity tomorrow and continue throughout the year.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ah yes...IE for Windows Updates, most of which are fixes for IE :P.

IE market share is down to 70%. Used to be over 90.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ah yes...IE for Windows Updates, most of which are fixes for IE :P.

IE market share is down to 70%. Used to be over 90.
    It's probably THAT high largely because it comes with Windows and most people aren't interested enough, or know how, to "shop around" for other browsers. That market share will probably continue to drop as people learn and browsers are improved and new ones are introduced.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    thanks for this post i just put google chrome on my laptop it blows away ie.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I use Firefox for 99% of my browsing. There are a few sites that "require" IE to work, so I'm going to try out that extension that specs recommended.

It was pretty funny one day - I tried to log onto my utilities website with ff, got a message that said something like "we only support Internet Explorer, the safest internet browser". Fortunately, they've gotten smarter since then.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123