Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I remember when, at the tender age of 17, I boarded the "City of San ... Stackers' Lounge forum

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

I remember when, at the tender age of 17, I boarded the "City of San Francisco" at the Union Station in Chicago en route to the West coast.....specifically, my first duty station, Sacramento. Walked off the train and was amazed at the presence of actual Palm Trees.....the absolutely amazing thing though was that while standing on the curb.....cars stopped and waited for me to enter and walk through the intersection. You could have knocked me over.......on the S. side of Chicago.....the hood ornament was the driver's front sight and they aimed for you.....I couldn't get over this simple courtesy between the Midwest and West coast......I think there is a more cavalier attitude about pedestrians today throughout the US......would be nice to see more of this old time consideration.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I remember when I started this thread two years ago.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Justyn.....glad you started this thread.....not sure I would have remembered anything without it.....having said that......I remember life without credit cards.....I mean there just weren't any around yet.....then somehow I started getting credit cards in the mail (uninvited, of course) and ended up with perhaps 15 or more cards from different oil companies.....Shell, Exxon, Standard, Texaco, Mohawk, etc. Eventually, BofA sent us a card and Diner's Club and a couple of others emerged.....then eventually the tidal wave hit with the proliferation of Visa, MC, AX, DV, etc. not so sure we are better off because of this though.....

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    I remember when I used to spend at least an hour every night posting in the Stacker's Lounge. *sigh* anybody miss me?

Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    I remember when I used to spend at least an hour every night posting in the Stacker's Lounge. *sigh* anybody miss me?
    I'm glad you are here......good to see more postings.....

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I remember when the lounge was back to back with heavy traffic. What happened?

Indifference....Preoccupied....New Interests....Timidity....?

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I remember when the lounge was back to back with heavy traffic. What happened?

I don't know...I miss those days!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    Last post was 10 hours ago? I remember, this was one of the busiest parts of Pinstack.

I remember when I had about 6 ash trays in my house.....a couple in the garage on my work bench....and one at the office. Even Jack-In-The-Box had stamped aluminum ash trays on their tables......I haven't even seen an ash tray in years.....could they now be collectors items?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post

Dont we all
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I do notice a little more traffic the last couple of days! So this might be the turn around we're looking for....

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I remember when this was a blackberry only forum. And we would all come in here and talk about our blackberrys and how much we love them. We would talk about upcoming blackberrys and rumors. We would trouble shoot other people's blackberrys. Now it's got more smartphone articles than blackberry articles. Lol

I remember when I said iPhones suck and blackberrys rule, and that's all there is to it. Now I have an iPhone and wouldn't trade it for the world, unless it was for an upgraded iPhone.

I remember when this place was really jumping... then died down tremendously, now it seems to be picking up again.

I remember when i put strands of Kix on my Christmas tree, along with candycanes. Now it's all plastic bs.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    iPhone rocks but it hurts a bit. Rim please save us. Bit it a cracking phone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

BethanyB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30AC44FA
    I remember when you could run into a brick wall and shake it off now if I sleep wrong I'm up taking tylonal for the major back ache or hip ache. I remember having to work for anything that I wanted as a teenager that wasn't considered a necessity like a second pair of shoes that were name brand or a car. I seen a damn kid no more than 16 with a brand new mustang! I've been wanting a mustang SINCE I was 16 lol