Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

i remember when .. i used to spend a lot of time in here i ... Stackers' Lounge forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

i remember when .. i used to spend a lot of time in here

i miss the cafe ...

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    We miss you too Cherri

I remember when I could come in here any given weekend and find 10-20 ppl here....
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Seems kinda of empty today.....everyone is busy....dinner (or is it supper), homework (could be yours or the kids), family, TV, downloads, stacking, Ipods, maybe radio, movies, home projects, car repairs, etc. but I remember coming home from high school and twice a week my Mom, Dad, Aunt and I would play pinochle. Just a simple 49˘ deck of pinochle cards provided weeks of family fun & entertainment.....I enjoyed the Friday evening venue most because someone always went to the corner tap, "Gene's Beer & Wine Cellar", and brought home several plates of fish and chips.....99˘ a plate that consisted of: fish (lake perch), chips, coleslaw, beets, dill pickle and a slice of seeded rye bread.....yum....then they wrapped it in the newspapers that were laying around.....great memories.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I remember when my next phone was always a bb.......... But I'm getting a Nokia 5800 next. Calm down ill be back to bb just none of their present lineup excite me and looking forward to learning a symbian OS again. Let the adventure begin

I remember the good ole days when I had nothing to do except wash and wax the car every weekend......it's been two years now.....

I remember the first time I got behind the driver's wheel and needed to go from low beams to high beams after the change. What was the change? Well, for over 50 years......the switch for low>high beam was activated by your left foot on a switch mounted in the floor at the upper left hand corner of the floor under the dash board.....this was a rental car that I had and I was positive that the car didn't have high beams.....but to be positive, I called the rental agency to report the problem (the missing switch) and they politely told me it was now on the steering column.....progress?

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it
    Hehe...that was funny. I remember the left foot switch. I don't remember the last time I used one tho...

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Wow, I totally forgot about the left switch which now resides a foot rest on most cars these days. My first car( 68 Barracuda) had one of those switches.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    68 cuda. NICE
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I miss it sometimes and would like to eventually build another one but what I really want to build is a 70-72 Chevelle. I've never been much of a hot rod guy but I try to keep myself open minded in the custom realm.

Love those older cars.....if I had the time I would like to restore one again.....but.....focus has shifted.....still enjoy going to Arctic Circle though for a Strawberry Malt and looking at the monthly display of older, classic and performance cars on display.....I especially like the ones without much plastic.....

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I was actually surprised to see a small emergence of Artic Circle's opening up again a few years ago. I hadn't seen one in years and all of the sudden one popped up right by my friends house.

They are fairly popular in UT....well....along with McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, etc. but a couple of them here have large parking lots that works out for the auto enthusiasts that like to meet monthly to show their restored vehicles.....naturally, oldies music is blaring, ok--playing, in the background.....nice family environment.....folks sitting on blankets or lounging in chairs.....we enjoy strolling through the displays while sipping our liquid refreshments.....

PIN/ID
    just ask
    The artic circle I was telling you about is like 20 minutes away from my house. A bunch of them closed down in the late 80's and like I said up until a few years ago they started popping up again. There is a Sonic about 3 minutes away from my house and I know they do cruise ins from what I was told. I know a friend of mine is doing one this weekend at least.

My town, Lehi, UT has a "round up" rodeo each year (06/25-27/09) along with a large celebration in the city park...part of that venue is a cruise-in & should be over 100 autos. One of the the biggest rallys of the year in these here parts...always enjoy this along with the cotton candy, corn on the cob, etc.