Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I remember when I used to wrap newspaper around cattails and smoke them.....wow.....come to think ... Stackers' Lounge forum

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

I remember when I used to wrap newspaper around cattails and smoke them.....wow.....come to think of it.....really helped to keep the mosquitos away.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    i remember when i thought my 7250 was the best thing ever.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i remember when i thought that a parker pen was the shizzle...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    ASK
    i remember when i use to enjoy Wednesday afternoons after class in the NC sun
    "T-Dub"

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    you could buy candy cigarettes (red-tipped pieces of gum that blew out puffs of powder). Now, they don't make or sell them because they encourage smoking in children. Um, I lived with a smoker for over 15 years and I don't think it was the candy cigarettes that were ever the problem.

Yeah.....those candy cigs were cool .... made me feel like a grown up......used to go to a candy store on my way to grade school......it was just across the street from the school and it specialized in "penny" candy......my favorite candy was the strips of paper......about 12" long and 2" wide......it had rows of candy dots arranged 4 to a row.....don't remember how many rows but it sure kept me busy trying to pull the dots off the paper then pull the paper remnants off the dots.....very tasty.....

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I remember those papers with those dots. I haven't seen those in years or those candy cigarettes. I used to have a convenient store that was a block away from my school and it was the same type of thing with but it was nickel candies.

I had to have Choose Your Own Adventure Books...my favorite was one that had a bride falling to her death from a tower or something like that. The ending you chose was never right and you went back to choose the "better" ending.

Sounds very interesting.....never read any of those.....did spend a lot of time in the library though searching for books on the Mountain Men, Olde West, Civil War, etc. probably led me to make certain choices later in life.....but I remember trading comic books with a neighbor.....my pile was about two to three feet high.....sometimes he would come over to my house and look through mine making his choices.....then I would follow him home and choose an equal amount from his bumper crop of adventure comics including Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, Archie, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc. Sure wish my Mom didn't throw them away when I left home.....she did keep my Classic Comics though.....still have a complete set of those and they were very useful for making book reports in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    Sounds very interesting.....never read any of those.....did spend a lot of time in the library though searching for books on the Mountain Men, Olde West, Civil War, etc. probably led me to make certain choices later in life.....but I remember trading comic books with a neighbor.....my pile was about two to three feet high.....sometimes he would come over to my house and look through mine making his choices.....then I would follow him home and choose an equal amount from his bumper crop of adventure comics including Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, Archie, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc. Sure wish my Mom didn't throw them away when I left home.....she did keep my Classic Comics though.....still have a complete set of those and they were very useful for making book reports in high school.
    Moms are responsible for throwing out a lot of beloved items from our childhood!! Fortunately, mine never did...she just let us clean out our stuff when we were ready. I never had them, but I love the "Classic" Comics like you mentioned.

jayeburd22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DB9E2
    since im a 90s baby lol, i remeber when Space Jam came out... lol
    *I HOPE U DIE UGLY AND TONIGHT WILL BE GORGEOUS!!!!*

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Eminiem wasnt considered an old school rapper.
    "T-Dub"

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it
    gilligan's island was on every day after school at 3:30 on channel 12

jayeburd22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DB9E2
    Quote Originally Posted by curve247 View Post
    Eminiem wasnt considered an old school rapper.

what are u talking about???? lol
    *I HOPE U DIE UGLY AND TONIGHT WILL BE GORGEOUS!!!!*

When my cousin, John was 16, he had just earned his Indiana driver's license. We would borrow his parent's Hudson Hornet and put in 2 bucks of gas (keep in mind that this provided almost 7 gals. of gas) for a day trip.....what a machine......the first low-rider with a unique silhouette and great power. In fact, it had the largest flathead, 6 cylinder engine in the world. Attached to the junction of roof and windshield was a very functional visor that kept the early morning and late afternoon sun out of our eyes. I remember that the radio (tubes of course) took over 30 seconds to warm up but it had great clarity.....no FM of course but on Sundays, we would drive on US 41 then picking our way between the IN back roads just viewing the corn fields, smoking Pall Mall cigarettes and listening to the "The Shadow" and "The Squeaking Door". No TV or DVD's, CD's cell phones or PDA's BB's or PC's to go home to.....so this was the excitement for the day.....later....a stop at Art's Drive-In for hot chocolate and french fries.....we were just crusin'.....