Like Tree2Likes

everything is frickin expensive now...... Stackers' Lounge forum

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149

Advertisement

everything is frickin expensive now...
    Death to Peace.....War to Last.....RIP
    .................................................. .
    Bluetooth Fix...http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...51#post1120151

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    When you could get a gallon of gas for well under a dollar.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I remember when i was less than 10 years old and could go out to get breatfast in a strange town and my folks would not have to worry. This is one of my first memories as came out of the hotel with money in my pocket and had been in this town the year before but couldnt remember where the supermarket was. found it in the end. so lucky to have had a childhood like i did, exploring strange cities and been safe. i want my kids to have the same but ill be 10 yards behind them just in case but dont want then to know unless something happens. My wife to be was saying earlier that she is so impressed how i can fit into any situation and that is cause one day i left a hotel at 9 years old with money in my pocket to buy breakfast and i did, my kids will do the same.
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^Scary thought Vince^^
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I grew Magic Rocks....so cool.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    I trapped muskrats and sold the pelts to Sears Roebuck for $2 each......quite a bit of money then.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    ^^What era was that?

OK....don't look....it was.....gasp......I don't believe it.....1954.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i remember when i went to texas in 98, i didnt know that the "87" on the pump was the octane cuz it was also 87c a gallon at the time...
    i see RED...

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    i remember when i went to texas in 98, i didnt know that the "87" on the pump was the octane cuz it was also 87c a gallon at the time...
    Ahhhh.....the good old days where the US bought petroleum for about $20 bucks a barrel....I think cheap gas is just a memory now....can remember a gas war (there were only two gas stations there.....a Whiting Brothers and a Shell) in a remote community called Gila Bend, AZ......bought Super Shell for .13 cents per gal. The bad news.....I had just filled up in Yuma at a price 3X higher and could only purchase about 2.5 gal.....great memory though......
    How is the gas supply in Pakistan, red? Is it readily available, reliable, and/or expensive?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    lol... well here's what happen recently when the barrel prices skyrocketed internationally and then came down again...

it went from rs.76 a liter (roughly $4 a gallon) to rs.56 a liter ($2.5 a gallon) and the gas stations refused to sell gas for a couple of days... many poeple including myself had to push their bikes and cars home... those that had CNG (compressed natural gas) in their cars didnt have much luck either cuz the supply ran short because of electricity load shedding... traumatizing week...

right now we're paying about rs.57 a liter ($2.80 a gallon)

pakistan's always been more expensive than the states... its always been abt 33% more expensive...

thats why having my bike is awesome... if i drive it nice i get abt 80 km per liter... (200 miles a gallon) and if i drive it hard and redline every gear, i get abt 45 km per liter (abt 112 miles a gallon)...
    i see RED...

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    lol...

thats why having my bike is awesome... if i drive it nice i get abt 80 km per liter... (200 miles a gallon) and if i drive it hard and redline every gear, i get abt 45 km per liter (abt 112 miles a gallon)...
    Can't beat those MPG.....and I know the thrill of riding a bike as well....had an off-road bike for a few years....would take it along with my dune buggy to the sand dunes just West of Yuma and camp out there for a week or so several times a year....liked the freedom of the bike but the buggy was great as well because I had two young ones at the time and could carry a cooler with liquid refreshments, yadee-yadee-yadah.....great family outings but another great memory.....

PIN/ID
    ask me
    lol... all you gotta do to get a bike like mine is get a frame and put a lawnmower engine in it...

mine is a honda CD100, single cylinder, 0.1L, 4 speed... it screams efficiency all over...

never done the dirt bike thing... guess i never had a place to do that... loved 4 wheelers back in saudi arabia... we'd go on the dunes all the time... lots of fun... memories... definitely memories...
    i see RED...

The bikes & scooters here are becoming more popular also....even bought a Honda Trail 90 (Red) myself a while back.....loved that bike......but Lola complained because it wasn't really a 2 seater....and....I'd rather have her with me than against me.....ended up selling it after a couple of years.....no bike now just a truck and a bicycle or two.....C'est la Vie.....

PIN/ID
    ask me
    lol... yea, dont mess with the ladies... i wish i had a dodge ram over here... love those bad boys...
    i see RED...