That a mod can give a person a negative comment, but we can't do that. ... Stackers' Lounge forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I just find it generally wrong

Advertisement

That a mod can give a person a negative comment, but we can't do that. I have seen mods make some really off color and rude remarks, but there is nothing we can do----but we "screw up" and we get "in trouble"....Never mind the fact that buttons are pushed and things are done by the mods before they realize that a situation has resolved itself.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: I just find it generally wrong

Without agreeing or disagreeing with your post, the Mods are all human and just as prone to mistakes as we are. Having said that, yes, they are expected to hold themselves to a higher standard of behavior.

If you feel strongly that a member of the Mod staff has treated you inappropriately or violated forum rules in any way, I strongly urge you to send a PM to Hayden and/or any other Mod (not including the one involved). Explain your situation, link to the thread involved if at all possible, and calmly and professionally lay out your case.

Posting publicly in the forums, even here, to "air the dirty laundry" only gives the staff grounds to say you violated forum rules.

Be professional, polite, and persistent, and I think you'll receive a fair hearing from the staff. Thats been my experience, anyway.

Hope that helps.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks LTF. Yes, you are more than welcome to PM Hayden if you find a mod is disrespecting in any manner.

Yes, calling out a mod in the public forums is probably not a good idea, but if you think I took away points unfairly, please PM me. I try to stay as neutral as possible, but I also try to be fair.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

a direct cut/paste from the rules, found here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/rules.php

Moderation Team
    PinStack has the highest regard for the individuals who volunteer their time to be a part of our Moderation Team. We trust that any action that a moderator does will follow the above guidelines, please respect them. If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, or have a question about an action, you may contact them via PM, or send a PM to the Admin (Hayden). Public posts and/or threads related to forum Moderation will be deleted and Trust Points will be deducted if deemed fit by our Moderation team. This will also result in a further actions if repeated.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you feel strongly that a member of the Mod staff has treated you inappropriately or violated forum rules in any way, I strongly urge you to send a PM to Hayden and/or any other Mod (not including the one involved). Explain your situation, link to the thread involved if at all possible, and calmly and professionally lay out your case.
    BAM, coudnt have been said better...

Mods are no different than any other member, other than they have more responsibilities on pinstack. Trust me on this, if a mod were to do something out of policy, he/she hears it big time.

The reason the average member cant give trust point deductions is probably because some users would abuse that feature, and ruin it for the rest of us.

I urge you to communicate with any mod member you feel like, and if you dont get results try another, however all of the mods should act in a responsible manner equally.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Yes, calling out a mod in the public forums is probably not a good idea, but if you think I took away points unfairly, please PM me.
    Let me add to this, calling out anyone in a thread is not in policy, please contact a mod if you have any trouble with any fellow member.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Did we settle this?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme