I love this time of year for one reason and one reason only: deer season! ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

hunting

Advertisement

I love this time of year for one reason and one reason only: deer season! I just had a good couple of days out in the field in between caring for sick relatives, and my dad got a nice 8 point a few days ago. I can't wait for turkey season in the spring. Who else here likes to hunt? Where and what do you hunt?

deej no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: hunting

8 point? You must be using a different counting system. LOL are you located east? I just got into hunting this year, yea I'm late on everything. Hunted in Eastern Washington back in October. Didn't see anything, but it was a blast to hang and walk the terrain.
    "One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced.

Think of your three closest friends. If they seem normal,
    you're the one!"

Deric (deej)

PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ oh yeah, that's 4 point to you folks out west. Eastern counts each point, not just one side. Indeed it really is such a great thing to be out in nature, very much a spiritual experience as I learned at at young age.

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

Does hunting people in Paintball count? I miss my summer weekends of playing paintball....

Dr. Woo

PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yes and no. I played quite a lot of paintball for a number of years, and it's a totally separate category. Nothing like hunting at all, but good outdoor recreation of sorts. Unless you're a cannibal, paintball provides nothing to eat afterwards, which I consider to be a major downside by comparison.

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

ok.. I'll give you that... but you still have the hunt. So, if you hunt for sport, then it would be the same. =)

Dr. Woo

PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well, looks like 06 blanked me for deer, but 07 turkey season is going to be awesome at my family place. My dad saw 21 turkeys yesterday alone.