Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

So I failed miserably last time. Stress is my enemy and God knows how much ... Stackers' Lounge forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

How to quit smoking. Part deux.

Advertisement

So I failed miserably last time. Stress is my enemy and God knows how much I have.

So I visited my Dr last night. I've had my diabetes under control for months, but something is wrong. I knew I'm in another depressive bout, but chest pains and sudden loss of breath (for lack of a proper description) had Cas concerned. The depression didn't worry me beyond the usual, but I'm tired of feeling the wag I do. Something had to be done.

Turns out I'm (told) I'm going to have a heart attack if I don't fix something's. Namely stress/smoking. So one of my choices was to begin an antidepressant that has a side effect of reducing/eliminating the urge to smoke.

I'll be able to smoke for at least 2 weeks. I've taken this stuff before and know it works if I stay on it. Cas is assuring me I will...

Stress tests ordered, I'm sufficiently scared. So to hopefully succeed this time I'm restarting the quit smoking thread. As well I'm opening it up to discussions on depression. I'm not the only one .

Support needed. I'm sorry I let myself and others down last time. Day 1 is in about 2 weeks. Maybe earlier if its like last time.
    PapaMag and Delfim like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I just stickied this thread, Jay.

You needed a wake-up call, and this latest episode has fit the bill. You will be successful this time. Sounds like your life depends on it.

You definitely have the love and support of your friends here at PinStack.
    PapaMag and jfcooley like this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You can do it Jay. You can.
    RogerG and jfcooley like this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well Jay you know we are all behind you. I smoked for over 20 years and it was the hardest thing I ever done was quit. It's a mind game as well as a physical addictive one. I knew it was time when I quit and it sounds like you have just got your wake up call as well. As far as the stress goes, that is a tough one as well, I watched helplessly as it drained and sucked the life and physical abilities from Robin and I can see why Cas is concerned. Figure it out my friend God bless you our prayers are with you and I have confidence that you will succeed.
    RogerG, Delfim and jfcooley like this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thanks guys. At work. (Where I always am...)
    More to come....

I don't want to make mountains out of molehills or be an internet drama queen.

I've simply been given the guarantee that I have a heart attack in my future, and stress/smoking will be my biggest concerns.

Depression is/can be a catch all for just not being able to handle stuff. I've had suicides in the family and am smart enough to know the signs and fight. Takes a craptastic loaf of energy though, and smoking has been my go to crutch. God only gives us what he feels we can handle. Well buddy, lower your opinion of me please.

So, this is my vent. My psychotherapy, at least the kind my personality can stand. Group hugs and who me feasts aren't my style.

Stress test wed. So far my discomfort is holding, breathing is irritating at times, and my left arm & leg is bothering me. I'm scared, so uh...I'm quitting. Even now I reluctantly light up. They still call out yo my nervous system, and right now I relent. In a week or so this should start to ease.

And that's all I need....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, having to put up one "In Memory of" thread is one too many, so do whatcha gotta do because I don't wanna have to do another one.
    PapaMag likes this.

I am. Last night was a bit troubling. Don't want to go to hospital and end up wasting everyone's time. It passed for the most part though weak today. Calling reg doc on Monday.

already cutting back.
    None last night. Few today. Been a bit stressful.
    PapaMag likes this.

Well my desire has waned. They taste horrible and I don't need them.

Waiting results of stress test. Been feeling crummy. Wish they would figure this out.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez, I only saw this thread now. Where have I been?
    Jay, if I did it, so can you! Heck, it was damn hard. But just think of those that love you dearly and do it for them bro!
    Ultimately it'll be you that will win.
    You'll have more self esteem, you'll love more, and receive all this back twofold.
    Your heart will thrive all over again.
    Don't give up now.
    dushdavj likes this.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hang in there dude, you can do it!! We are all here for you in one way or another!! GET IT DONE!!
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Jay the human body is an incredible machine, treated right it can heal itself, with support and love it will heal even quicker. From your posts I know you have a wonderful family who you care about and who care about you. So in this case think of your family and how much they need you. So bite the bullet follow the doctors orders for your family and then for yourself. Keep posting and let us know of your progress.

This I will say for everyone on this site, if you feel strange if you think you may be having a heart attack, do not think I don't want to worry people, get your a** down to the nearest hospital immediately.

Get to know these signs it may save your life

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Genera...ubHomePage.jsp
    Delfim likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Stress tests come back later in the week. I found it interesting that I've had no pains since the boys got here.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Yeah, so I think I can't smoke. Horrible taste now.

Would be like a monkey dragging its butt over a pasture the sitting on a pile if garbage, taste like I'd imagine that to.

Still waiting on stress test. Would guess it's OK given how long it's taking.
    chokem likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast