Hey all, A few days ago I was looking around my Provider's Website (Bell Mobility) ... Stackers' Lounge forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up How Fast Is Your BB Internet?

Advertisement

Hey all,

A few days ago I was looking around my Provider's Website (Bell Mobility) and there they had alot of claims that they have the fastest phone internet service in North America, so I thought to my self to test how fast it actually is.

I Googled Mobile Speed test and it took me to this website (Dsl Reports Mobile), there I had a chance to test how fast is my Provider is.

So here is what I am thinking, we should all test How Fast is Your BB Internet and post the results here.

Here are the steps you will need to follow,

1.) DSL Reports Mobile DOES NOT work on your BB Browser, so you will need to use Opera Mini do the test. Here is a link to get Opera Mini if you dont already have one.

2.) The website gives you a few different options of file sizes to use to test your speed. (ie 5k, 50k, 100k, 200k, 500k and 1MB), i had to use the 1MB to get the correct speed for my provider. Here is the link

3.) Use The Rove Mobile Viewer to take a Screen shot your bb and post it here.

Thats it - thats all.

Let the games begin.

Here is my test results,
    Last edited by inc188; 04-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Can't go through all that screen capture stuff at the moment, but I hope you'll take my word for the results.

My carrier is At&t.

My first test results were:
    1mb
    2,019 kilabytes/sec
    4.254s d/l time

I did it several times though, and my results varied from too fast to get a real reading on the largest file size, to super slow at around 350kb/sec. So I am taking the service with a grain of salt.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~$

Oh wow

Yours is pretty fast.

Thanks

So does that mean 2mb / second? I don't know how to read these numbers. Lol

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I can't get a result eveb 1mb is not big enought to get a result.