Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well i couldnt find this anywhere so idecided to make it.(if its already done then ... Stackers' Lounge forum

swe_tawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    210d17b3

How did you get your first BB?

Advertisement

well i couldnt find this anywhere so idecided to make it.(if its already done then my apologies

This thread will be about the story behind how you got your first BB or your first introduction to the BB world, here's the story on how i got my first personal BB(non-work)!

I was on Fido, and it was December 26th boxing day! i walked up to the future shop rogers counter and asked them if there were any incentives for me to switch from my carrier to rogers for BB. He said yes and proceeded to tell me that if i switched from FIDO i would get: BB Pearl $15 unlimited email plan,some voice plan for $20, NO cancellation fee charged to switch(FIDO and Rogers have an aggreement with each other and viceversa not to charge this) AND get a $200 gift card for futureshop and not have to pay anything to switch. well needless to say i got my first BB a pearl on December 26th,2007 and i havent looked back since, i have since updated to an unlocked 8320 curve (in less then 2 weeks actually :P )i was charged $140 from fido (cancellation fee) but rogers credited me $140 on my account!
    20 minutes before this i went to another rogers counter (in the mall) and was told by the lady there i would have to pay 99 dollars to switch over! i asked about incentives and she gave me a list of plans i could choose from LOL >_< go figure!
    as for the BB handsets so far i have no complaints! though it would eb nice to be able to make quickuse shortcut icons for frequently used tasks , like seperate buttons for sms,mms,email(s)

I'm addicted to crackberries and the funny thing is i work in the social services field.....which include addictions o_O but i know of no agencies that will help us unfortunates :P
    Last edited by swe_tawk; 02-05-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling

dakid21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E92319

Re: How did you get your first BB?

Ordered it online. Exciting, eh?

swe_tawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    210d17b3

lol i think your should to also tell us about your first experience with a BB which made you get it?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Bought mine when my contract was up on my previous phone. Mail-In Rebates, warranties, and new 2 year contract, oh my!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

my Sony Erickson went swimming in a tub. in a way it was good thing

Up to that point I've had enough with touch screen keyboards so i did my research and went for Blackberry 8800 . The rest is history.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

I ditched my E90 just to get closer with BB.

brnangl528 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I waited 2 months for TMO to get the curve!! I'd look at it online multiple times a day! The day they sold it I was on the phone at 6am! LOVE MY BABY!
    Love my addiction :)

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Lost my phone playin airsoft in the hills. Decided was time to try and figure out how these BB's work. So I switched to TMO since it was less for new service and a Pearl, than to replace my verizon phone as they wouldnt give me any deals at all even though I was with them almost 10 years. Then the day the Curve came out...I was all over it!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

dakid21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E92319

Quote Originally Posted by swe_tawk View Post
    lol i think your should to also tell us about your first experience with a BB which made you get it?
    lol..I know. Just being a smart ***.

I had a regular, lame, early 90's Motorola flip phone that was doing nothing for me status wise, so an upgrade was in order. My contract was expiring with my current provider so I was free to do some shopping. I had heard that all the stars in Hollywood were using Blackberry's and I heard Jay-Z mention it in one of his songs, so I said F'it. If it's good enough for Jigga Man, it's good enough for me.

sorry..was being a smart *** there too, but that's the gist of it.

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W

My best friend came over for my birthday (dec 20 2006) and was showing off her brand new pearl! It was love at 1st sight! I was talking about how much I wanted one all the time but since I just had a baby and wasn't about to foolishly spend money. On dec 28 my mom told me to meet her at the tmobile store bcuz she wanted to pay my bill as my xmas present. I walked into the store to find that she had already paid the bill. She handed me a bag, I looked inside n there was a beautiful black pearl!!! I cried and couldn't thank her enough! That's my story. cute huh.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I stole mine from an 80 year old Tiajuana crack whore passed out in an alley... oh wait, we're talking about blackberry's? Uh yeah, I bought mine from an TMO authorized dealer for $150, no rebates required.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

^^lol

Saw someone had it, liked it.. found a new one on Ebay.. and ta-da!
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.

tj2311111 Guest

Ordered it online from the Tmobile site. Simple as that.

DoubleM no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

A co-worker was showing off his 7250 (blue) which I had to trump with a 7290 (black w/color screen!) It wasn't long before I took the lead with an 8700! Needless to say, I lost my mind when the curve was introduced! "What...a camera and trackball?"

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Quote Originally Posted by dakid21 View Post
    Ordered it online. Exciting, eh?
    Eh!!

Me too... lol

Wooo... so exciting!!

My second BB... on eBay... yay!!
    **TASH*

“Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war.”
    Maria Montessori <----- A very smart lady.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast