Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

oh god don't start the pc vs. mac debate!!!! i've always used dells. i'm probably ... Stackers' Lounge forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help looking for a laptop

Advertisement

oh god don't start the pc vs. mac debate!!!!

i've always used dells. i'm probably on my 10th one, including three laptops, and the last laptop i bought from them is the only one that ever had a problem. i still have no idea what happened. there was something wrong wtih the video card and then the speakers. they replaced the whole laptop for me though so everything is good now.

that laptop is a inspiron 8400. it's got a 15" screen, 80gb hd, 1gig ram, a 1.8 gig processor and running xp pro (don't want vista). got it for like $700......

arnagorski no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d3cf1a

haha i'm not starting a debate, merely pointing out an alternative choice that might not have been considered. I have nothing against PC's, but hopefully you find a sweet laptop Flash!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

lol there are soo many laptops with different specs... soo hard to choose.

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7

Quote Originally Posted by onlindis10
    The toughbook is Panasonic, sweet unts, some are miliary grade but very pricey.
    They are very tough and most come with a touchscreen. We use ours on a regular basis and have had few problems with them. But yes very pricy!

arnagorski no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d3cf1a

yea I think you can't go wrong with a computer as long as you find the one that suits you! If you are going to throw it off of a building, definitely go with the toughbook. Well, thats just a solid example of what I mean . Let us know what you get so all the rest of us techies can share in the excitement!

Xixox no está en línea Stack level 1

An anti-Dell vote here. Where I work (IT position) the Dell laptops have all been nightmares. They are great for 5 months or so, but they have had a far higher than normal crash rate. Like drive heads eating platter crashes... love that noise. We've stuck with the Latitude line for the most part... D600, D610 and D620's, and they all seem to use the same drives so they have all suffered the same crashes. Lots of other problems too, from failing cpu fans to bulging/leaking capacitors. Luckily we have a warranty agreement with them, so we get replacement parts without hassle. I'd never choose one for personal use. Maybe their non-Latitude lines are more reliable... dunno there.

Like synik103 and Lavagirl, I'd suggest checking reviews on Newegg.com. Good luck whichever way you go!

Computers run on smoke. If you let the smoke out, they stop working.

Island3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FFD2A

Used Powerbook FTW.

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you can hold out for a bit and don't mind getting a fairly basic system asus is releasing a 200 buck linux based 7" laptop. Also heard that dell or hp will start releasing their models with linux as an option instead of windows which will drop their prices by a couple hundred bux.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12