Woohoo, I get to use my 3000th post to spread some joy! I want to ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W

Happy Thanksgiving to my Stacker Family

Advertisement

Woohoo, I get to use my 3000th post to spread some joy!

I want to wish my entire Stacker family a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a great day. Many people (myself included) tend to focus on the things they don't have or the things that went wrong...this is very normal. This Thanksgiving don't take anything for granted...if you only have a few dollars in your pocket remind yourself that some people don't even have lint in their pockets. If you have only a small meal for Thanksgiving, remind yourself that some people are picking our scraps out of the trash can for their Thanksgiving meal. If you are bummed because you're sick with the flu or a cold so you don't think you'll be able to enjoy your day, remind yourself that some people are dying and can't even get out of their bed. My point is: no matter what you're bummed about, there is always someone who's situation is so much worse that they would trade you lives in a heartbeat.

Take a moment to tell us what you're thankful for. You can also post here if you feel like sharing what your plans are.

What I'm thankful for:
    I complain a lot because I'm always in pain. I'm 28 and I have osteoarthritis in my back. I also have Fibomyalgia which causes pain in my entire body. I have a 2 year-old daughter and its hard to carry her or play with her as much as I'd like due to the pain. Its sad and depressing to me but I realized that I'm actually very blessed. I may be in constant pain but at least I'm able to get up out of bed and communicate and be alive. I know a woman, a single mom with three young children, who had a massive stroke at the age of 35. She was paralized as a result of the stroke. She can't play with her kids, she can't talk...she can't tell her kids how much she loves them. She can't even hug them! The doctors said she had a chance at a full recovery...5 years later, no change. She can't move, can't feed herself, she doesn't even have the pleasure of TASTING anything as she can't swallow well so she has a feeding tube. She can't just jump in the car and go cruising or watch a movie or have a drink. She lives in a nursing home and no one visits her. The worst thing of all for her has to be that she can't even complain or vent or tell anyone how she feels. This is why I remind myself that even if its not as much as I'd like to, I CAN play with my child. I'm blessed to even have a child. I may be a single mom but I have a family who supports me so much, I'm not alone in life. I'm able to express my sadness, frustration, or joy.

My situation really isn't that bad.
    PIN: 2485D13B

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."

makenzie678 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    ~via BB (wap.pinstackk.com)~

Aww. Great post!so true. Happy thanksgiving.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Love your picture Anela! Thank you for the wonderful message, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you, and the rest of our Pinstack family

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I have had quite a trying year as I have ran through a few personal issues that have caused quite a financial strain on me over the last few months. Despite the fact that there is this heavy weight over my shoulders I am still happy to say that I would not replace what has happened to me this year. As I have always said to my friends. That life is a series of experiences. Its how you learn from those experiences that enrich your life. I am thankful for everything around me. I have a very unique life and would not replace it for the world.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Happy thanksgiving. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Great post. It's sobering to realize that our lives are truly blessed, especially since most of do struggle day by day in our own ways. But every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I try to go help out at the local soup kitchen. Talk about sobering.

Life isn't easy for anyone. But we get out of it what we put into it.

This year, I'm thankful for my wife of seven years. Some days, I don't like dealing with myself but she never seems to tire of it! I'm also thankful that we're able to have family in town and that we're going to share a nice dinner with them.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5
    Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate the day.

Particularly Happy Thanksgiving to Anela, and thanks for sharing with us all. It's great to have a better insidght into the lives of fellow Stackers. I guess we all have plenty to be thankful for, even at the times when it's hard to think of it that way.

I'm thankful for friends who put up with me even when I'm not all that nice.
    I'm most thankful for a wonderful daughter who is also my best friend, and I consider myself very lucky to have been able to pursue a career that I loved for many years. I met some truly talented people and travelled to lots of different places.

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    I'm thankful for my blackberry!

Thank you all for posting in this thread and for the Happy Thanksgiving wishes.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Happy thanksgiving guy!

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it
    Happy Thanksgiving hun!

and to all my fellow stackers whom i miss very much!
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Happy Turkry Day, all! Been a while...