John Carpenter and Rob Zombie's Halloween have some similarities, but are way far off from ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Halloween vs Halloween

Advertisement

John Carpenter and Rob Zombie's Halloween have some similarities, but are way far off from eachother... I think the original is the best.

JC's: Lori: "Was it the Boggieman?"
    Loomis: "Yes, as a matter pf fact, it was."

RZ's: Lori: "Was that the Boogieman?"
    Loomis: "I believe that it was."

Loomis was very sure that Michael was infact the incarnate of evil in John Carpenter's version. But in Zombie's it souded more of an opinion... like someone else can think another thing and that would be okay.

JC's: Loomis: "... I met this 12 year old boy with this blank, pale, emotionless face; with the blackest eyes, the Devil's eyes."

RZ's: Loomis: "Behind these eyes are the eyes of a psychopath.

Though in Zombie's version Loomis wrote a book called 'The Devil's Eyes', Carpenter once again asserted Michael being compared to the most heinous creature alive, the Devil. Zombie's Loomis referred The Shape as a pychopath... bringing him to the level of Leatherface and Jason. Totally bogus!

The end of Carpenter's Halloween involves Lori unmasking Michael, Loomis coming up the stairs, and shooting Michael 6 times, falling from the second story of the Doyle house, and walking away.

[WARNING: THIS IS A SPOILER. UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE NEW HALLOWEEN I ADVISE NOT READING ON]
    ************************************************** ***********************************
    Zombie's version of the Halloween involves Michael abducting Lori, cornering her, and unmasking himself. He only attacks her after she attacks him. After a little bit of a chase, Michael kills Loomis and Lori shoots Michael in the face. How does Michael walk away from that? If he does, who will warn other's of the terror he brings to his bloodline with Loomis dead?
    ************************************************** ***********************************
    [END SPOILER... END SPOILER... END SPOILER... END SPOILER... END SPOILER... END SPOILER]

I don't think the new one completly sucks. It had great moments and the gore and death scenes were rad. I also liked the whole gnarly-haired Michael thing. To me the gnarly look holds better continuity to being in a mental hospital rather than the clean shaven Michael Myers that escapes in JC's version.

This is now open for discussion to all you movie buff Halloween heads out there. What did you think of the new Halloween and how well do you think it compares to the original???

I need atleast 3 people to answer those question so I don't feel like a complete nerd posting this. But that's 3 minumum... this is open for anyone who's seen the movies.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Re: Halloween vs Halloween

I am a huge fan of Horror movies, I've seen some that most people shouldn't think about seeing "Ankle Biters".

I completely disagree with what you are saying here. I really liked the old Halloween Movies, but they always seemed to be missing something. As much as Michael was "The Devil" in the original, it didn't make sense. The Devil has a drive to create chaos for the world...not for just one or a few people. Rob Zombie's version brought something that the original was lacking. I cant quite put a finger on it. It may have been something as simple as cinematography, but it brought something new to the table.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

Re: Halloween vs Halloween

Anything Rob Zombie does is GOLD

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by GBallew View Post
    I am a huge fan of Horror movies, I've seen some that most people shouldn't think about seeing "Ankle Biters".

I completely disagree with what you are saying here. I really liked the old Halloween Movies, but they always seemed to be missing something. As much as Michael was "The Devil" in the original, it didn't make sense. The Devil has a drive to create chaos for the world...not for just one or a few people. Rob Zombie's version brought something that the original was lacking. I cant quite put a finger on it. It may have been something as simple as cinematography, but it brought something new to the table.
    Michael wasn't called the Devil he was compared to him. My only reason for mentioning it was that starting with John carpenter until part 6 Michael was considered as the embodiment on evil and no one knew why he went after his bloodline. In Rob's version he took that away from Michael. Its much scarier to not know what drives Michael vs watching Michael have a dysfunctional family. Ut was great watching young Mikey Myers snap as a 12 year old though. The kid was def scary looking!