Grindhouse- Tarintino and Rodriguez double feature flick, homage to the exploitation style flicks of the ... Stackers' Lounge forum

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Grindhouse

Advertisement

Grindhouse- Tarintino and Rodriguez double feature flick, homage to the exploitation style flicks of the 70's.

Who has seen it? What did you think?

I caught it this weekend and wanted to hear some opinions.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Grindhouse

Well, I really want to see it also. Didn't have time this weekend though. I did finish #4, and behind that stupid looking BLADES OF GLORY...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

It was fun; had just the right amount of cheesiness to it.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Loved it. Taratino and Rodriguez are geniuses!!!!!! Love the gore!!!!!

PIN/ID

I concur, it was a great flick(s). I heard that the distributor is looking to re-release the movies independantly. Personally I think it will take away from the whole effect.

Plus without giving away too much, the chase scenes were great.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    I concur, it was a great flick(s). I heard that the distributor is looking to re-release the movies independantly. Personally I think it will take away from the whole effect.

Plus without giving away too much, the chase scenes were great.
    I heard they will be released seperately when they come out on DVD not in theaters.

BRZ

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I haven't seen it yet. I might. I heard it did horribly @ the box office opening weekend. But it was Easter.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

Well I believe the movie fell out of top 10 already. I guess people weren't ready to have fun.

In regards to releasing films separately on DVD, I hope they don't do that. The double feature aspect is part of the experience. Im looking forward to directors cuts.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ i'm just curious: why do they call them exploitation films? Were the actors not being paid well?

I at first thought the title referred to coffee.

PIN/ID

I found a rather decent, concise definition on Wikipedia

Exploitation film is a loosely defined term to describe a film genre that typically sacrifices the traditional notions of artistic merit for a more sensationalistic display, often featuring excessive sex, violence, and gore. Such films have existed since the earliest days of moviemaking, but they were popularized in the 1970s with the general relaxing of cinematic taboos in the U.S. and Europe. Since the 1990s, this genre has also received attention from academic circles, where it is sometimes called paracinema.
    The word "exploitation" itself is an old show business term for publicizing shows and motion pictures. "Exploitation films" are those whose success relied not on the quality of their content, but on the ability of audiences to be drawn in by the advertising of the film (for example, a common device used by the more notorious exploitation films is to advertise the banning of a film in a certain country). Ephraim Katz, author of The Film Encyclopedia, has defined exploitation as:
    Films made with little or no attention to quality or artistic merit but with an eye to a quick profit, usually via high-pressure sales and promotion techniques emphasizing some sensational aspect of the product