Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What are you, stuck in 2002? The Yankees recent trades have been to get rid ... Stackers' Lounge forum

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: great news for yankees fans!

Advertisement

What are you, stuck in 2002? The Yankees recent trades have been to get rid of older players (Johnson, Sheffield) and restock thier farm system. They have the 5th best farm system in the majors (as far as baseball scouting reports go).. Considering they spend thier "championship" years ranked near the bottom if not last, thats a huge improvement. Unfortunately many of them are still very young and not major league ready.

Aside from the injuries, the pitching hasn't been thier problem. Pettite has a sub-3 era and is only 2-3 cause the Yankee can't score runs when he pitches.. His last 2 outings have been vintage Pettite and he should be 5-1 right now. Wang had one horrible game which blew his era way up, but has been fine (not as good as last year, but fine...) Mussina is Mussina.. he has a bad inning here and there and still grinds through. Take away the 3 run HR in the first yesterday and he went 6 2/3rd's giving up 1 run (a solo shot that hit the foul pole). Clemens doesn't need to be Roger Clemens, he needs to be a 3rd or 4th starter.. Hughes needs to be a 5th starter, not an ace. The starting pitching isn't thier problem..

Now, thier bullpen.. different story. Right now they need an offense that can spot thier bullpen 4 or 5 runs, because in a tight game they are in trouble. And they do have an offense that SHOULD be able to spot them 4 or 5 runs, its a big problem that they haven't been able to... Mariano needs to work. He's going to keep being ineffective if he pitches once a week.

Damon needs to be consistant.. Abreu needs to remember that a walk is better than a K, and Giambi needs to remember to stop taking his medication and they'll be fine. Jeter, A-Rod and Posada can only do so much..

Season isn't over yet...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

how old is rRvera? How old is Posada? How old is Matsui? How old is Damon? Giambi? Mussina? Pettitte? In baseball standards they are old.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan1247
    how old is rRvera? How old is Posada? How old is Matsui? How old is Damon? Giambi? Mussina? Pettitte? In baseball standards they are old.
    Posada's 35.. a few more catching years left, and then DH/1B for a while...
    Damon's 33.. still relatively young...
    Matsui's 32...
    Pettitte's 34...

(Jeter's also 32, and A-Rod is 31).

Rivera's and Mussina - yes they are old in baseball age. Giambi's 36 and already broken down..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

The Yanks are still better off than my lowly Cubbies. It seems that when good players come to the cubs they become really, really bad. And when bad players for the cubs leave they become really, really good.

p.s. My best friend is a White Sox fan and we are going out to see 2 Sox/Yankees games at Yankee stadium. We need to pay our respects to a baseball shrine before it is gone.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

the farm system for the yankess is not what it should be. they need new talent NOW and the system isn't going to be able to give it to them for at least a few more years. that's why i say that it's weak. yes, they have some players that when the time is right will be good additions, but we need new blood and they just aren't ready to give it to us. what we have now isn't working, and we have no where else to turn. so george tries to get other players, and we get screwed like we did with clemens.

i agree that the starting pitching staff isn't the problem. the releavers are killing us. we also have used what was it 7? rookie pitchers in two months? i think that's a record. that should tell people right there the mentality of the yankees. they know that they're hurting and need new blood, and they also know that there's no where to go to get it just yet.

giambi....that guy is too funny. i call him the penguin because he looks like one waddling around the bases lol.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

[QUOTE=psi chick]what we have now isn't working, and we have no where else to turn. so george tries to get other players, and we get screwed like we did with clemens./QUOTE]

In the last 3 seasons, can you name one trade we made where we gave up GOOD prospects for a big name guy? A-Rod was the last one, and even then they gave up Soriano - and to this day I'd still take A-Rod over Soriano... Its time to relax the theory that the Yankees trade away everyone - thats not the case anymore!

Abreu was the last "big name" traded for, and the minor leaguers they gave up weren't exactly going to be helping them.. the biggest name in the trade was thier 2005 1st round pick - a shortstop.. Can't see them needing help at SS anytime soon...

The Yankees (Brian Cashman) has changed the mentality of trading for minor leaguers overpaid superstars.

Cano, Wang, Cabrera - all minor league prospects brought up the last few years.. Not to mention Hughes (the #1 pitching prospect in ALL of major league baseball), DeSalvo, Karstens, Rasner.. all prospects who've made an impact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12