Get Qipit - free mobile online copy service. COPY Copy documents, whiteboards and handwritten notes ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Great New Application For Capturing Documents (Non-3rd Party) FREE

Advertisement

Get Qipit - free mobile online copy service.
    COPY
    Copy documents, whiteboards and handwritten notes with your camera phone or digital camera to store, fax, email or publish!
    Turn documents, notes and whiteboards into digital copies (PDFs)
    Email or fax qipit digital copies via email, your online Qipit account, or right from your phone
    Store all of your paper documents and notes as digital documents for easy archiving and sharing
    Tag your qipit documents for easy searching and sorting
    Publish and share your documents on the web.

FAX & EMAIL
    Use your camera phone to copy written or printed documents when you are on the road:
    1. capture it: take a photo of your document
    2. send it: via email or MMS with the desired recipients' fax/email info.

PUBLISH
    Use your camera phone to publish written or printed documents online:
    1. capture it: take a photo of your document
    2. send it: via email or MMS

Why Qipit? Qipit delivers a clear and crisp digital copy of your document in a format appropriate for faxing and emailing.

See how I qipit:

« Sharing class notes with my study group used to mean standing around the copy machine. Now, I use qipit, and with one click, I can send my notes to everybody.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test Qipit now! Take a picture of a document with your camera phone. Send the picture from your phone or via email to copy@qipit.com. You'll receive a link to the online digital copy of your document. Free!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The usefulness of scanning documents in color using Qipit

Recently scanR, one of our competitors, made a post of their blog (See “ Color document scanning”) regarding the usefulness of color scanning pertaining to documents.

Qipit considers color a high priority as we have found our users value the richness that color provides. In fact, you all have told us that color is important for many uses beyond whiteboards. Users copy blueprints, printed documents with comments in color ink, kid’s drawings, subway maps and many other forms of color printed information on a daily basis. Certainly color helps to capture the essence of the original document. This is why the Qipit service provides the capability to chose to reproduce documents in color or black and white.

Of course, the automatic scanning technologies that both scanR and Qipit are using, although different, are both optimized for scanning text. When applied to a picture, they face a challenge, as the scanR post clearly explains. This is probably why scanR presents a picture from the “scanR labs”, and not something out of their commercially available service. (On a side note, the picture from the “lab” example looks strikingly similar to an original picture. With the exception of what is highlighted red text — as evidenced by the Qipit color copy
    – has lost its color. It would be interesting to see the original image there.

So, color or not color—Qipit offers both—all you need to do is chose by sending to copy@qipit.com (for Black & White) or color@qipit.com (for Color).
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Re: Great New Application For Capturing Documents (Non-3rd Party) FREE

this is sick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Interesting! I have to chk this out.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I took my grand kids to King's Island yesterday and didn't get to play with it....anyone tried it yet? Is it what they say?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Well it's not as great as they say (unless perhaps you use like a 5mp camera or something)... A few companys have the same system; it's not really new and www.scanr.com does the same thing. In theory its a good system, but the quality just isnt there. I've mentioned the services before and I wouldn't use it on a daily basis, but it's great if you need to fax from your blackberry, as you can use scanr or qipit to send out and k7 to get a free incoming number that emails the blackberry any faxes you get. Granted you'd be trying 3 or 4 times before getting a full page to be readable, but in a crunch when your boss says he needs something faxed over now and you happen to be in a public restroom... it might work.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Can we get a mod to put this in the 3rd party apps section.
    Thanks
    -J
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~