Well the verdict is in! I lost EVERYTHING! Ok for those of you that don't ... Stackers' Lounge forum

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4

Good News-Bad News

Advertisement

Well the verdict is in! I lost EVERYTHING!

Ok for those of you that don't know what I am talking about, about a month ago I started having a few problems with my computer. Actually Theme Studio 5.0 to be more precise. I started having problems where every time I would go to load a theme, or for some reason, edit the home screen, it would lag my computer to a point that it would be froze up for about 30 minutes to an hour. It gradually just got worse. I also started getting error messages when trying to load a theme that I had already built, saying 1 or more components were missing. ANYWAY!!! The long and the short of it is my computer crashed! Like a skydiver without a parachute! It wouldn't even turn back on in "safe" mode. So for over a week now, I have been computerless! The problem is that I had been working on a few things that I hadn't backed up on a disk. I was working on my FIRST premium theme. I had spent many late nights building EVERYTHING from scratch, including some amazing icons. Also I had made a collage of pictures of me and my wife from when we first met to now, and made it look like a puzzle (special story behind the puzzle), and in the center I had put the lyrics to the Keith Urban song "Thank You". I was going to give this to her for V'Day. The tech that was working on it told me he thought he could save most of my saved data.

Well the verdict is in... I LOST EVERYTHING!!! So now I have to start from scratch! And I'm asking myself is it worth it! The good news is, hey, my computer works better, and runs faster than it ever has. It just frustrates me because I know how much time and effort I put into resizing all of those stupid icons, and then all of the late nights I spent making true "custom" icons and backgrounds, and buttons, etc. I don't know if I can go thru it again. I thought I was getting to a point where I might actually see something come out of it, but I just don't know if its worth it to go BACK thru it again.

Anyway! Sorry about the rant, but I just needed to get that off my chest!

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Yeah.....it's worth it.....do it again.....it will most likely come out a little better than the first take. I too have spent oodles of time creating "things" to have a crash and no backup.....the good news is that there is a moral to this saga.....you already know what that is though.....good luck on your next cut on the project.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Is the hard drive dead. Have u tried setting it as slave drive in another PC. Might be worth a try
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yep! Whatever it was exactly that killed it fried the hard drive completely.