Just thinking about this and thought I'd ask the question. Here is ireland we are ... Stackers' Lounge forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Global Warming what diferences have u noticed

Advertisement

Just thinking about this and thought I'd ask the question.
    Here is ireland we are having a very wet summer, bad floods last month. The year before we had about 7weeks of rain everyday.
    They should call it gobal dampness.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Ireland? My family's originally from Newbridge, I was born there but we came to California when I was 3. Here in California we're definitely experiencing Global Warming, its hot and sticky and gross. I would love to be there in thre rain in Ireland!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    Stack
    Ah u know what they say, far away fields are always greener, or damper in this case

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it's a total farce. I'll microwave a map now...how ya like that?

PIN/ID
    Stack
    I'd have to say I agree. Its like the ice age that was coming a few years ago, YK2 was another one. There always seems to be some global disaster waiting around the corner for us. I do believe that its just another way of keeping us in fear and spending on crap we don't need.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I work in Portland Oregon but live in Vancouver Washington which is about 20 min. drive from Portland. What I have noticed a lot over the last couple of years is how humid its gotten now. It's gotten a lot warmer during the summer and the winter seems to last a lot longer than it used to out here. It's weird because you would really notice that it was summer out here but now it could be the middle of July or August and it will be raining and in the 50's then the next day it will be up in the 90's again. More weather variances than it used to be. Even globally doesn't everyone notice how much more Hurricanes there are now. Even out here we've had reports of tornardos like twice this year. Nothing too crazy but enough for people to notice.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it's a total farce. I'll microwave a map now...how ya like that?
    Well I wouldn't say it's a total farce, it IS present... but it's part of how the planet works and not the fault of people at all. This is just the first 'warming' we've seen since records were saved. It won't kill people off anymore than natural disasters do every year anyway.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    We can't predict any large scale climate models - hell, we can't even get accurate weather forecasts 120 hours out, let alone 10+ years. But this doesn't mean we can't pollute all willy-nilly.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by furtive View Post
    We can't predict any large scale climate models - hell, we can't even get accurate weather forecasts 120 hours out, let alone 10+ years. But this doesn't mean we can't pollute all willy-nilly.
    No, but there's a difference between pollution and CO2 emissions. There's thousands times more CO2 being dumped into the atmosphere from normal geothermal and volcano activities than what humans cause, so it's a pretty big stretch to claim that the human CO2 emissions are causing global warming. Our CO2 is just a speck on what normally happens on our planet so that sure as hell isn't it. However it never hurts to clean up our act where we can.

PIN/ID
    Stack
    I do agree we need to make changes to the amount of resources we use from the planet, it makes sense. Around 2000 years ago the Romans where growing grapes in England for wine.
    They recently took core samples from Greenland and found that the weather has changed very quickly and very often. This is in complete constrast to the slow movements we have been told before. There is still so little we know we know about our planet so most of what the scientist are saying are at best guesses. These guesses are being jumped on as usual by others to make money. Take the Prius. If you look at the total impact of this car, which includes manufacturing, it is no better than any other.
    At the end of the day its all about money.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I know around here, our winters don't seem to get so cold as they used to.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!