Ok I tried and tested this on two pearls so far and wanted to spread ... Stackers' Lounge forum

hookupmycell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404427e

Post Free Blackberry Internet On Pearl 8100

Advertisement

Ok I tried and tested this on two pearls so far and wanted to spread the wealth and hopefully it might work for others!

I tried this on one flexpay T-mobile pearl and one contract T-mobile pearl.

so this is what I did i upgraded the pearl to the new OS 4.5 and when your done the blackberry maps is gone from the device apparently not included with the new OS.

so I wanted blackberry maps to be reinstalled and i tried via the bberry site but it would not recognize the device so after searching the web i found it. the service books needed to be sent back to the device.

ok so heres where the fun part comes in i called into customer care and they kept saying it was because i wasnt subscribed to a data plan (they will keep telling you this ignore it)

so i said can you send the service books anyways for the maps? and so they kept saying you dont have a data plan and i kept saying well just send the service books anyways and i just want to get the maps back on my phone.

so now they will say maps needs the internet and they might have to send the internet service books too they will probably reiterate you dont have a data plan again ignore this and tell them your friend had the same problem and a previous rep did it and it resolved the matter.

so after talking with them for maybe ten minutes they should send all the service books and once your maps are up and working Wa! La! your internet will be on and free!!!

again if this works for pre paid which they will never give you anything for free without you paying first i have to assume this is a lil glitch in the sytem so

everybody try it and post your results.

also dont give up and dont give in..

pm. me if all goes well to say thanks

guitarfreak846 no está en línea Stack level 3
    sounds like you got lucky dude. Update us if your data bill goes extreme

PIN/ID
    2404427e
    no i have it on prepaid as well thats why it works because you cant get a bill from prepaid i think this will be a nice secret lil trick as long as its not done in the thousands lol

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    i dont know if i believe this. either way data is going to register somewhere.

if im wrong great! good luck though

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    There are other ways to go about this method, but the principle is pretty much the same. It does work.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pretty sneaky and dishonest IMO. But do what you want.

PIN/ID
    2404427e
    dishonest??ill bet you never stole cable either right or took a penny without giving a penny from the "take a penny plate" lol thats why its your opinion because we all have one just like that other thing we have it rhymes with fastpole!lol

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Hey yes we all have an opinion, but keep the reference clean. No need to go there, no to mention if it goes any farther the mods will be on you. Just my 2cts.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Interesting find by the way ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~