Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Im starting another thread for fantasy football. I want to know how everybody does with ... Stackers' Lounge forum

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Fantasy Football Rosters

Advertisement

Im starting another thread for fantasy football. I want to know how everybody does with their drafts. Please indicate the league size, position you drafted and your roster.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Fantasy Football Rosters

My Keeper League drafts this Friday night. I can keep two players from last year.

My leading Candidates for this year:

Larry Johnson (RB) Chiefs
    Lawrence Maroney (RB) Patriots
    Alex Smith (QB) 49ers

Its probably a slam dunk that I keep the RBs, but I am wavering on LJ. I'm considering letting him go, keeping Alex Smith, and taking my chances with getting another RB. I gotta turn in my decision by tomorrow. What do you guys think?

My thoughts on letting LJ go are that he had over 400 carries last year, so the tread on the tires is getting thin, possibly. He just got into camp yesterday, and his O line is much weaker this year than in past years. Justify for AS, he looks like the real deal, young, improving team, Good O line and receivers, great running back to hand off to, etc etc.

Scoring in our league: RBs: 10 yds rushing:1 point, 6 pts TD; QBs: 30 Yds Passing:1 pt, 6 pts TD.

The caveat is, I know that Frank Gore, LT, and every other front line RB will be kept by someone in the league. Ditto Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, etc. (possibly). My gut feeling is that QBs will be more available because most people will want to keep their front line RBs. Another reason to get rid of AS and take a chance on getting him back in the draft or upgrading.
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 08-22-2007 at 11:39 AM.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    My Keeper League drafts this Friday night. I can keep two players from last year.

My leading Candidates for this year:

Larry Johnson (RB) Chiefs
    Lawrence Maroney (RB) Patriots
    Alex Smith (QB) 49ers

Its probably a slam dunk that I keep the RBs, but I am wavering on LJ. I'm considering letting him go, keeping Alex Smith, and taking my chances with getting another RB. I gotta turn in my decision by tomorrow. What do you guys think?

My thoughts on letting LJ go are that he had over 400 carries last year, so the tread on the tires is getting thin, possibly. He just got into camp yesterday, and his O line is much weaker this year than in past years. Justify for AS, he looks like the real deal, young, improving team, Good O line and receivers, great running back to hand off to, etc etc.

Scoring in our league: RBs: 10 yds rushing:1 point, 6 pts TD; QBs: 30 Yds Passing:1 pt, 6 pts TD.
    Latufu, what position are you drafting?

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

7th out of 10 teams. Since we're a keeper league, the draft order is the reverse of our finishing order last year. (i.e. worst team gets first pick)
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Besides our Pinstack League, my other two leagues draft Tuesday, 8/28 and an autodraft (Yahoo) on 9/2 I think. No idea of my draft order on 8/28 yet, its a brand new league here at work. Don't even know the scoring, roster setups, etc.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

hmmm not a clue what you guys are talking about

Whew thats a though one. Not knowing what everyone else is keeping makes it even tougher. The way I look at it is like this....

Maroney is a no brainer, but picking 7th you have to decide what is going to be left at running back and quarterback. All your concerns about LJ are legit, but then again with the team they have you can guarantee he will run the ball for 400 times again this year. if he does that you know he will have 1500+ yards and 15+ tds. Will there be another RB like that available at the 7th pick?

Then there's Smith. I like smith alot. But I feel there are other comparable or better qbs out there. Will there be one at #7. More likely than with LJ.

Just my 2 cents

I have my league draft on Sunday and my other league next Tuesday.
    Last edited by deepdish; 08-22-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Josh when are we figuring out the draft order?

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

That's easy. I get the first pick.

Josh drafts last.

Yeah, I am in agreement with you that LJ and Maroney should be kept. Alex is a good QB, but you are right, I think that he will be available at the 7th pick. My hunch is the top 10 RBs will be kept by their owners, and only the guys with worthless RBs will cut one. Too much value in LJ or Maroney to risk letting them go. Neither would be there at #7 if I do.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

New wrinkle. Some owners in my league are complaining about the keeper rules (because they have crappy RBs, I guess). So we can't keep two players of the same position.

Soooooo. I have to cut LJ or Maroney. I'm leaning towards letting LJ go. Its a risk, but I'm thinking Maroney has much more upside this season. Better team, catches more balls than LJ, etc.

Keep maroney. trust me.

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    hmmm not a clue what you guys are talking about

I am so with you Stacey... no clue lol

please refer to the fantasy football draft thread. Post #67.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by tashacash
    I am so with you Stacey... no clue lol
    Thats beecuz yew are a canuck.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I wound up keeping Maroney and Larry Fitzgerald. I totally forgot I had him on my roster. I figured he's a much better keeper pick than Alex Smith at the moment. Hopefully, with people only able to keep one RB, I'll be able to get a servicable back for my #2 slot. Draft is tomorrow night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast