Surprised noone has brought it up yet...The ONLY thing I am looking forward to today ... Stackers' Lounge forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Election Day...

Advertisement

Surprised noone has brought it up yet...The ONLY thing I am looking forward to today is the fact that the freakin phone calls will cease and there will be no more ads on television!

But really, is it even worth it to vote in elections (especially for national elections). All this crap is predetermined in my opinion and there is no way that "each vote counts". What a line of crap. It's either predetermined or they just take a guess, maybe flip a coin and say "Wallah, our new state senator is", promoting my backing that I always write myself in as a candidate in every election other than the actual local elections that involve the city that I live in...What a load of crap. Why do these people spend millions of dollars in a campaign for a job that pays less than $100k a year? For the benefits, thats all. They don't care about the public, I don't care WHAT they say...

And for a little reading enjoyment, let the accusations begin!

Virginia Intimidation:Voter Threatened With Criminal Charges In Recorded Phone Message (ABC NEWS)

Voters: Beware of Phony Voter Guides (ABC NEWS)

Here Come the Lawyers! Democrats and Republicans Send Out Thousands of Attorneys to Watch the Polls (ABC News)

Accusations, Vote Glitches Spread as America DecidesMachine problems, intimidation reported (Fox News)

Polling places turn to paper ballots after glitches (CNN)

Ky. poll worker charged with assault, interfering with election (CNN)

Technical glitches reported in voting machines in Indiana (CNN)

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Most importantly did you vote?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    In my local elections, yes. And I don't vote straight down the line either. Anyone who votes straight down the line for no other reason that "that's my party" in my opinion is nothing but a brainwashed moron.

And in the national elections, I voted for myself (as always) since its predetermined and they all are idiots.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    Harold Ford Jr!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker
    N8, is it really so dark in your world?

For one its not predetermined. Bush vs. Gore should have proven that to you. And I personally vote for the one I feel can do the best job. Hell! Ive spent all day volunteering at a polling center. I do this cause I believe in our system and the values it represents. Ive studied politics and such mundane things, and I tell you sir, YOU ARE WRONG! It is not predetermined.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    Harold Ford Jr!
    I'm sorry for your loss.

NOT! LOL

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f
    Just a question from a UK point of view:

I heard on the radio this morning that Bush could see out his last 2 years but have all his decision vetoed as his party has lost power in the House of Representatives?

If that is the case, why not just get in a President?

Also if you do not go to Polling Stations here, you can get fined for not doing so - is that the same your side of the water?

Sorry for being a numbnut!

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165
    Quote Originally Posted by tmag2005
    Just a question from a UK point of view:

Also if you do not go to Polling Stations here, you can get fined for not doing so - is that the same your side of the water?

Sorry for being a numbnut!
    No, we don't get fined for not voting.. although I think that's a wonderful idea. I'm writing my congressman.. woman.. crap.. who got elected in Texas?? Kidding.. I voted today. I always vote.. that's the whole point of it being FREE Elections. Those that don't vote, need to keep their damn mouths shut about how the government is run, since they were too lazy to get off their hiney's and use thier brains for more than just planning their next Lotto numbers. Ok, I feel better.

Oh, and btw.. the President of the USA, whether we as a unison, or individually, agree with his policies, has a very tough job. You don't like it, you've got another chance to change it, in 2 years. And if you think you can do a better job, go for it. You only have to be 34 years old, and an American citizen without a felony background to run for president.

Just my 2 cents.

~Jade~
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.