Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question: Do you think the legal drinking age be lowered to 18, left at 21, ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W

drinking age debate

Advertisement

Question: Do you think the legal drinking age be lowered to 18, left at 21, or raised to 25?

I need a little help for a research paper. We need to conduct our own survey and this is my topic. Could you please post your opinion and maybe why you feel that way. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Angel

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think it should be for 21yrs and up. There needs to be more education on drinking to the up and comers by there parents.

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    In Germany you can buy alcohol when you are 16 (beer, wine, ...). When you are 18 you can buy the hard stuff. There is no need to hide it in paper bags...

I started when I was 15. Now more than 10 years later, I'm still no alcoholic

The parents have to look, what their children do! Laws don't really help.
    Last edited by ViSit0R; 03-27-2008 at 08:27 AM.

BB4Ever

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BERRYCURVE View Post
    I think it should be for 21yrs and up. There needs to be more education on drinking to the up and comers by there parents.
    Then so should the legal age to join the militia. It really kinda sucks that you are old enough to carry a gun and kill people but not drink.

IMHO, if you are old enough to go and kill people, you are old enough to drink.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsong View Post
    Then so should the legal age to join the militia. It really kinda sucks that you are old enough to carry a gun and kill people but not drink.

IMHO, if you are old enough to go and kill people, you are old enough to drink.

Killing people for your country is not the same as irresponsible drinking and driving and killing people that way.

Although I tend to agree with you, but you have to look at it that way too. I think it all comes down to how your raised, the same kids that are now 13 and hanging out till 1 in the morning are going to be the same kids that are 18 and drinking already, and then 21 and drinking and driving.

Raise your kids right and teach them right!
    Last edited by clarkkent51ny; 03-27-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Age doesn't matter, there are people who are 21 and are responsible and there are people that are 50 and act like idiots; People will be stupid no matter what age they are.

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    i agree w/ the two gentlemen posting above me!!

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I second that one big time!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I third it
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    I seven it...hey, give me a break...I am from Kentucky and we don't count two good down hear.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    It should stay at 21. If the law requires change I wuld vote on 25 over 18, I don't think 18 year olds are mature enough to drink. i go to parties all the time with under-age kids coming over to drink and the things that happen there get so outta hand. Fires have been lit in my friends livingroom, one guy passed out and his "friends" did vulgar things to his mouth. (can't post exact details, it's bad though), and they just get really stoopid. I do agree there's some 50 year olds out there who still act like kids when they drink, but I do think age is a huge issue! You have to be mature enough to drink, much like you have to be mature enough to have $ex...
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    True, but lets not forget that I was a Dj for 4 years and I know first hand that a good 25% of the kids (mostly girls) had fake ID's anyway. 9 out of 10 times a person gets killed by a drunk driver, the driver is of age to drink.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    True, but lets not forget that I was a Dj for 4 years and I know first hand that a good 25% of the kids (mostly girls) had fake ID's anyway. 9 out of 10 times a person gets killed by a drunk driver, the driver is of age to drink.
    that has nothing to do with age, it has to deal with don't drink and drive, that's for any age!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5
    If something has to be done with the whole "old enough to go to war and die for your country, but not old enough to drink deal" then beer and wine should be allowed at 18, and the hard stuff at 21. It'll make sense for the most part but you know people will work their way around it as with what people do with what's law right now.
    "I'd be a fool to think that the gods aren't at work."
    ~Son or Ran

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    Having the drinking age at 21 instead of 18 has curbed none of the problems it supposedly addresses but instead has increased their prevalence. Simply put it doesn't work. In fact, it has acted exactly as Prohibition did and can possibly be attributable to the rise in drug use among those who can't drink legally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast