Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by cubfan1247 I'm a huge baseball fan and I could give a rats ... Stackers' Lounge forum

timskfx no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Does anyone really care...

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan1247
    I'm a huge baseball fan and I could give a rats arse about Barry Bonds. Im just waiting for ARod to break it.

BTW if Griffey didnt get hurt he would have broken the record.
    +1 A-Rod will break it before hes 40 i guarantee it. another person to look at is Miguel Cabrera from the Marlins. 24 and almost already at 200 home runs. Another is Prince Fielder...awesome swing plus Miller Park is a hitters paradise.

The only thing that ruined baseball was Canseco opening his big mouth about it...but it would have been revealed regardless i suppose.

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by timskfx
    +1 A-Rod will break it before hes 40 i guarantee it. another person to look at is Miguel Cabrera from the Marlins. 24 and almost already at 200 home runs. Another is Prince Fielder...awesome swing plus Miller Park is a hitters paradise.

The only thing that ruined baseball was Canseco opening his big mouth about it...but it would have been revealed regardless i suppose.
    another guy on the brewers that is young and has a nice swing is Braun

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by timskfx
    Yeah, McGuire, Bonds, Giambi, Clemens, and Sosa doubling in size in less than 3 years certainly didn't raise any eyebrows!

Clemens goes from washed up, dead armed starter in Boston to Cy Young candidate that is unhittable in less than a year. After age 30. Amazing.

The part about Conseco that I find interesting is that everyone branded him as a Nutjob when the book first came out. But when every name that got dropped refused to take him to court, and it all turned out to be true, he comes out looking like a good guy.

5 Years ago if I had told you that Rafael Palmeiro would be exiled from Baseball and Jose would be seen as the voice of truth, you would have patted me down for drugs.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Let's face it. We keep hyping athletes, actors, rappers etc., up like their gods and the truth is they muck up just like we do. Too bad no one is perfect!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Meh, lets just be happy football season is near!

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Alright here's my question.

In America we are all taught we are innocent until proven guilty, proven being the operative word, why this rush to minimize this man's accomplishment based purely on conjecture, speculation, gut feelings, etc...?

Love him or hate him, and believe what you want about his actions but at the end of the day he has still got to stand at the plate and possess the hand eye coordination to launch it out of the park.

Juicer? Maybe. On the other hand he could simply be the best hitter in the game. And for that I accept the record as being his and congratulate him.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I've gone back and forth with the Bonds thing and no matter how much I may THINK he's done steroids, and no matter how much alleged proof there is, he is innocent until proven guilty, so for now - he's hit 757 HR's and thats the all-time record. If things change I'll change my opinion but for now he's still innocent. (and I still don't see how 'roids help you hit a 98MPH fastball any better).

As for the others who allegedly did steroids - I don't necessarily blame them, I blame baseball. Steroids, HGH and all the other performance enhancing drugs weren't against the rules. The baseball powers liked the home runs, they liked the attendance and they liked the ratings so they turned a blind eye. If the game doesn't care enough to ban it - how can you blame a player for using it? It wasn't illegal in the sport.

If baseball decided tomorrow to stop banning aluminum bats and then people started hitting 100's of HR's a year - is it their "fault" they did it? No.. they are just going by what is in the rules (or not in...)

Now, for people using illegal performance enhancers AFTER its been banned - different story.. Forget 3 strikes and your out - you should be gone immediately. If you're making millions of dollars a year, you know your league is looking out for things like steroids and HGH, I don't care if the messiah himself comes to your front door and hands you a pill - you don't take ANYTHING that you personally don't know what it is made of. If baseball is your lively hood there's no "accidentally" taking drugs. You mess up and something is found in your system, you better get a new career cause baseball ain't it anymore.

Thats just my 2 cents...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    The part about Conseco that I find interesting is that everyone branded him as a Nutjob when the book first came out. But when every name that got dropped refused to take him to court, and it all turned out to be true, he comes out looking like a good guy.
    And to think, Conseco has said that he's got dirt on A-Rod too....

Funny... Who's your next hero gonna be?

And this aint directed at LaTuFU, its for everyone who thinks A Rod will cleanse this stupid sport ... just using his Conseco reference.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by jbjackson3004
    And to think, Conseco has said that he's got dirt on A-Rod too....

Funny... Who's your next hero gonna be?

And this aint directed at LaTuFU, its for everyone who thinks A Rod will cleanse this stupid sport ... just using his Conseco reference.
    That all depends on what it is that he has... I don't think its drug related.. he's made comments about A-Rod being a hypocrite who "was not all he appeared to be." I'm an A-Rod fan but I've never really heard him talking about steroids, so how could be be a hypocrite? I think its more stuff that the tabloids will eat up about his personal life/personality...

Also - keep in mind the people Canseco ratted out in his first book (McGwire, Palmiero) were former teammates of Jose - he shared a locker room and had a good chance of seeing things up close. He's never been on the same team as A-Rod (Jose came and left the Rangers years before Alex). Anything he writes has more of a chance of being here-say this time around.

Keep in mind - Canseco isn't some ambassador of baseball trying to clean up the sport. He's a bitter former player trying to make a buck selling books... I'm pretty sure he's writing what he believes to be the truth, but at the same time I'm not necessarily going to take every word he says to be gospel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

At a certain point I think we fans of the game need to stop and think about what we are doing to the pasttime the we love so much. Every time there is a new allegation, no matter how spurious, unfounded or plain ridiculous we jump on the bandwagon and tear down those whose athletic prowess we revered.

Maybe it's time we fans say to all the accusers, prove it or shut up. I have been a fan of baseball since 1977. That year our church hosted a revival and the minister stayed at our house. He was a huge fan of the game. You could turn the volume down and just listen to his commentary.

Fast forward some years. I go to games with my son-in-law, and am looking forward to the day when we can take his son, my grandchild.

Baseball is America's game, and as, such should incorporate the principles that made this a great nation. Most of all the notion that one is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Quote Originally Posted by rabbie303
    I could care less about a sport where the players can take naps between plays...BORING IMO
    Hahaha! thats a new one...

"If I wanted to watch a bunch of guys trying to hit a ball and run in circles...I'd watch the Special Olympics!"
    Cingular is now the new at&t

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau21
    Love him or hate him, and believe what you want about his actions but at the end of the day he has still got to stand at the plate and possess the hand eye coordination to launch it out of the park.

Juicer? Maybe. On the other hand he could simply be the best hitter in the game. And for that I accept the record as being his and congratulate him.
    There is no question that Bonds is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, hitters in the game. He was before this controversy came to light.

There is no evidence because no testing was allowed at that time. And the East German stuff they were using wasn't detectable anyway.

But when someone increases in muscle mass AFTER the age of 35, and his numbers and stats keep getting better AFTER 35, when nearly every other athlete in his sport and every other sport begins to decline dramatically, (Gretsky, Jordan, Pippen, Montana, et. al.) I'll have a hard time not thinking he didn't have help.

He would have gone down in history as one of the greatest players in the game before all this mess. Without the HGH or whatever it was, he simply would have been done by age 38 or 39, and a shell of the player he once was. Still a Hall of Famer, just not the Home Run Champ. But I still acknowledge the record, because at the time he was doing it, everyone in Baseball, from Selig to every owner and GM in the Game, knew what was going on and did absolutely nothing to stop it. If anything, they encouraged it. So I don't condemn him for taking advantage of the times and finding a way to continue to excel.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12