Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone really care about Barry Bonds and his record? I was just curious, and ... Stackers' Lounge forum

timskfx no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone really care...

Advertisement

Does anyone really care about Barry Bonds and his record? I was just curious, and i feel he doesnt deserve it. although 'he's never knowingly taken steroids' i still feel his attitude towards the game, fans, and players along with the steroids, or HGH or whatever should be reason enough for him not to deserve it.

input plz.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: Does anyone really care...

not me! they should call him barry asterisk. i dont even WATCH baseball and i think he's ruined the game, along with conseco, mcguire, giambi, etc...
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Nobody cares. We had a 3 page thread on this earlier that ended with one poster being banned and the thread closed.

For the record, I agree with you - he doesn't deserve it.

timskfx no está en línea Stack level 2

sorry didnt search. i swear i know where it is !

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by timskfx
    sorry didnt search. i swear i know where it is !
    You wouldn't see it - the thread was deleted.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea there was no way for you to know about the previous thread from today on Bonds unless you were in the cafe earlier this afternoon.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Oh puuuuhhhlleeeeez.

Nobody was complaining in '98 when Big Mac, Sammy, and Barry were belting them over the fence in record numbers. Attendance was through the roof.

Even when Basbeball writers began openly questioning performance enhancement, the Baseball PTB (Powers That Be) poo-pooed it until Congress got involved. Even after THAT, nobody took it seriously until Jose Can You See How Crazy I am Conseco wrote a Grab For Cash about it--and then turned out to be telling the truth.

TPTB were not so sanctimonius when they were making truckloads of cash with it, so to do so now makes me laugh.

As far as I am concerned, virtually any player in the 90s who had any kind of career probably did something to help themselves out. If it wasn't Roids or HGH or whatever, it was probably amphetamines.

They haven't ruined the game. People are watching. Players are making more money today than they were 10 years ago. I don't see any losers here.

Yeah, Barry is a jackhole of a person. I don't like him for that reason. But I am not going to deny that he has been the single greatest player of this generation, and certainly in the argument for one of the greatest of all time. And that was before he started juicing. If he can live with the potential consequences for his future health, so can I.

But if we're going down this road, and condemning him for what he did to achieve the record, then we need to do the same thing to the following players:

McGuire.
    Sosa.
    Clemens
    Giambi
    Gagne

Any player whose performance IMPROVED after age 35 from 1994-2005. (See list above)
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Someone got banned over Bonds juicing? Wow.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

I am athlete. I take a ton of supplements. NO NEED for steroids with what I take. But as a athlete how do you not knowingly take steroids. Your body is part of your tools as a athlete, you know everything you take and what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by timskfx
    Does anyone really care about Barry Bonds and his record? I was just curious, and i feel he doesnt deserve it. although 'he's never knowingly taken steroids' i still feel his attitude towards the game, fans, and players along with the steroids, or HGH or whatever should be reason enough for him not to deserve it.

input plz.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Nobody was complaining in '98 when Big Mac, Sammy, and Barry were belting them over the fence in record numbers. Attendance was through the roof.
    i did. i quit watching and supporting because of guys like them. cant tell my kid to play fair when his hero's dont.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Someone got banned over Bonds juicing? Wow.
    No, someone got banned for another reason.

McGuire.
    Sosa.
    Clemens
    Giambi
    Gagne

Are pathetic too
    Last edited by bcuzi8paintchips; 08-09-2007 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Automerged.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I could care less about a sport where the players can take naps between plays...BORING IMO
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Just a sad story all the way around for baseball and fans.

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

I'm a huge baseball fan and I could give a rats arse about Barry Bonds. Im just waiting for ARod to break it.

BTW if Griffey didnt get hurt he would have broken the record.

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

I was looking for that thread, but didn't bring it up. Good to atleast know what happened.

For The Record: I am happy he broke the record. Gonna be proud to say I watched... even if it was only a SportsCenter replay.

I could go on, but whats it really matter. Football is upon us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast