Hi, Today I witnessed what depression, anxiety, and a migrane can do to a woman. ... Stackers' Lounge forum

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

Depression

Advertisement

Hi,
    Today I witnessed what depression, anxiety, and a migrane can do to a woman. It was not pretty. Basically she tore up our house, TVs, the laptop, plates, glasses and other things.
    I was wondering if anyone on here has been or known someone with a severe case of depression?
    She is not on any meds at the moment, but I am scared she might do something stupid that she may never regret.
    She mentioned Prozac but that's all I know.
    She is on her way to the emergency room right now, I just let her be.
    I can't tolerate sudden outbursts of psychotic behaviors.

Someone help. Thanks.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Depression

I definitely think some psychiatric help may be needed. People rave about xanax, maybe she should look in to that

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

yeah that I have heard is very good. That and trying to find out what really is wrong. Lack of attention may be the cause as well
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

Thanks for the input.

It definetly is not lack of attention.

She has been gone for almost an hour and has not let me know where she is at.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Call her up man. Gotta make sure she is ok

Quote Originally Posted by johnio View Post
    Thanks for the input.

It definetly is not lack of attention.

She has been gone for almost an hour and has not let me know where she is at.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Had a girlfriend whom suffered from depression. Was on a lot of meds for it which helped at the start but I felt she need to live her life with out them. It took a few years but now she is clear of that and is a happier person. The meds do help but its a long road to getting better. My heart goes out to you cause I've being there and understand what you will go through.
    If there is anything I can do to help let me know.
    Get medical help.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by johnio View Post
    Hi,
    Today I witnessed what depression, anxiety, and a migrane can do to a woman. It was not pretty. Basically she tore up our house, TVs, the laptop, plates, glasses and other things.
    I was wondering if anyone on here has been or known someone with a severe case of depression?
    She is not on any meds at the moment, but I am scared she might do something stupid that she may never regret.
    She mentioned Prozac but that's all I know.
    She is on her way to the emergency room right now, I just let her be.
    I can't tolerate sudden outbursts of psychotic behaviors.

Someone help. Thanks.

Wow sorry to hear that.......there are a few things that i have seen, that helps. For one StaceyRVC is correct definitely have her see a psychiatrist. Second If she is on Prozac she has to be sure she is not taking any MAOI's with that as it could be life threatening. Causes major side effects. And as with any anti-depressants they are not to be stopped abrupptly. Main thing here is to Have her see a physician immediately. As far as being a support person You and her family need to monitor her for any sudden changes in her mood. Showing any signs of severe mood changes may need an adjustment in her medication. Medication and therapy go hand in hand! Good luck and I hope for the best!

-Ranz

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Well i would recommend psy care.. Definitely good idea.. There are other anti- depressants and for anxiety such as Lexapro, Zoloft, etc.. Most anti- depressants are coupled with a prescription of sleeping pills for insomnia.. All i can say is that be there for her, most of the times recovering from depression is very effective if someone is being there for that person all the time. Besides, you do not want that person to develop some risk of drug dependency. Other than being there for her physically, try establising an emotional connection more than usual and set a very good level of communication between you and ther other person. My girl was diagnosed with chronic depression after what her douche x did to her, but she got over it (well according to her and her behavior) with a little bit of help from medication and pretty much me being always there.

I am not bashing anybody but her psy care is kinda jacked up because she would come in there and ask "how are you, feeling better?" then "ok, you seemed getting better, il write you a refill for your ambien and your lexapro" wth. But doctor said Depression can last or would take about 6 mos to 1 year depending on the person too. Pretty much when you are depressed there is a chemical imbalancement in your system and thats what lexapro counters.

I hope all would be good man.

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    I suffered from depression for many years. I was on just about every pill there is to treat, none seemed to help. I was good at hiding my depression until I hit bottom, then things got really bad. I was hospitalized 12 times in 2004 for suicide attempts. I'm better now, haven't cut or taken pills 4 2 years. Topamax is great for both depression AND migraines. Be supportive and patient. That's the key.

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it
    You guys are good people. I like my pinstack family

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Depression can manifest itself in so many ways. I feel for you because it can definitely be a scary situation for the other person at times.

I'm not going to suggest a med because I'm not her Psychiatrist and haven't observed her. There are so many drugs out now, many already mentioned here. As Ranz stated in an earlier post, any drug regimen she begins should be coupled with therapy for proper monitoring and treatment.

With good progress in therapy the outlook is pretty good. Most people can be treated to a level that does not require permanent drug therapy. Usually only the most severely clinical cases require that.

Your main concern at this point is you. Depression is a condition that has a tendency to affect everyone involved, not just the person suffering from it. Among many things you need to do, being honest with yourself and deciding if you're capable of being a support to this person is the key decision. If you're not ready & willing to do so, its best for both of you to acknowledge that now.

Good luck.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

oheckno no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31E75692

The depression I've seen has been the person wanting to harm themselves. They've been pretty bad cases, too. I'm surprised that they tore up a whole house. It must be something really deep. Who was it that did this?

I hope everything works out. People think that they need meds to survive, and some do live off of them. It's a plus that this person's not on any drugs.
    “Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”
    -Winnie The Pooh