Well, the year is over and for most americans, its tax time. Plenty will have ... Stackers' Lounge forum
Death and Taxes
Well, the year is over and for most americans, its tax time. Plenty will have returns and many will owe. Almost everyone will be unsure and confused hehe. I am one of those who will be unsure and confused.
I have a couple of questions about taxes. I've usually just gone to jackson hewitt and answered the basic questions and let them do their thing.
I've been hearing alot about tax deductions or write-offs.
- Are write-offs only for businesses or can working individuals write off work related expenses too?
if not, forget the next questions....
- One person told me that you have to have a certain amount towrite-off before you can write off, is that true?
- If so how much, a percentage of your income? A dollar amount?
- I bought my blackberry cash, no contract. I use it to take calls from customers, call the boss, managers, co-workers, internal departments and participate in company conference calls, as well as receive work related emails on 2 accounts. my cellphone number is on my business card. Could i write off the cost of my blackberry and my cellphone bill?
- i bought 2 other phones last year, could i write those off?
- we have a dress code, and it is totally different from my personal attire. i bought shirts, ties, slacks, suits, shoes, socks, and belts. i only use those for work, and i dont have a choice in the matter. can those be written off?
- this one is kinda out there, i must maintain my appearance, can i count my haircuts?
- i heard something about moving costs, and i am actually moving soon to be closer to work, something to the tune of an hour? if moving costs for that could be deducted, how would that work?
any other suggestions or advice would be much appreciated
what, there are no professionals in the professionals lounge? noone has ever had to do taxes?
Tags for this Thread