Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Yes, but all of these issues are related to funding and manpower, all of which ... Stackers' Lounge forum

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Dear ___________

Advertisement

Yes, but all of these issues are related to funding and manpower, all of which fall under Congress's domain.

Bush is Commander In Chief. Congress is the source of funding.

You are correct, it is his problem now, because the Buck stops at his desk. But I have yet to see anyone in Congress stand up and say "We need to provide more funding to our Veterans". At least not until there was a Photo Op at Walter Reed. Then once the cameras went away, they went back to denying budget increases.

I'm not deflecting any blame from him. I am just trying to make sure that a proper dose of it gets spread around to the others who are just as guilty as he of taking no action whatsoever.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ahem....move it along please....

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    Oh and if a Dem was in office right now and at the helm I'd just as quickly blame him for the current issues. As I've expressed more than once I'm not a Dem.
    Not that I thought you were directing that at me, but I never looked at your statement as a pro-dem or anti-rep one.

Plenty of Libertarians like me and Republicans out there that are just as fed up and exasperated with him as there are Democrats, I am quite confident.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan1247
    Take a look over the last 30 years and see which presidents have cut military spending and which have increased it.
    Josh honey I don't know any other way to put it....

I AM NOT A DEM!! lol

Just because I cannot stand Bush doesn't mean I'm a Dem....I'm neither because neither fully represents my beliefs and my stances.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ahem....move it along please....
    Republican

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Yes, but all of these issues are related to funding and manpower, all of which fall under Congress's domain.

Bush is Commander In Chief. Congress is the source of funding.

You are correct, it is his problem now, because the Buck stops at his desk. But I have yet to see anyone in Congress stand up and say "We need to provide more funding to our Veterans". At least not until there was a Photo Op at Walter Reed. Then once the cameras went away, they went back to denying budget increases.

I'm not deflecting any blame from him. I am just trying to make sure that a proper dose of it gets spread around to the others who are just as guilty as he of taking no action whatsoever.
    You are correct, but it is the president's responsibility to put the federa budget together and have paased by congress.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

All Funding bills must start in the House. The President puts his Budget request in to the House, and it goes from there. He sets the tone and the direction, no question. But there is plenty of negotiating and horse trading before the Budget gets approved. There are landlocked Naval Stations and Coast Guard Stations in West Virginia for a reason.

Like I said, the Buck stops with the Prez. However, on this issue, like many others, there is plenty of burden to bear.

And I'll stop now before Misstress Cherri scolds us again.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Well I have a reply but apparently I'm not allowed to give it.......

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Nah. Go ahead. Consider it your closing argument.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Dear fatass,
    I'm sorry you're so insecure with yourself that you have to go out with your friends and talk about me. I'm sorry that you enjoy writing things about people being ugly or "dumb" when you are a college dropout and look like the bride of chucky. I'm sorry that you work full time making $8 an hour.
    I'm terribly sorry that my boyfriend loves me and never wanted you. I know you can't understand because your pea-brain is not capable of realizing that you need to go ahead and end yourself since no one else will want you. I'm sorry that you think you can make me feel bad. I hope you enjoyed hearing MY voice on the other end of his phone the other night. I'm sorry I "wouldn't hand the phone" to him, and laughed in your face. (I'm still laughing, btw).

Oh, and for the record..
    *I* am FTW.

Now go jump in the river. I hear it's nice and cold.
    /~*brooke

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

nice ^^ you can say whatever you want to say...how bout that?

you guys can just run the cafe by yourself then...

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Dear George Lucas,

Why did you have to ruin a perfectly good sci-fi trilogy?!?

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Dear Brooke,

Your new avatar looks good! Rockin that short hair!

You go girl,

Tan

jaythestar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Dear Elderly Gentleman in the 24 hour fitness locker room,

I am happy to see that in your old age, you still manage to make time for the gym and get in a good workout. I hope when i reach your age that I can still bench press, leg press, dead lift, preacher curls and such. It is a convenience that the gym has showers and a locker room. But heres the deal...There is no need for you to get out of the shower balls naked and stand near the sink while air drying. Then you proceed to looking around as if everything is just fine. While I am not a homophobe, I am trying my hardest not to look in your direction, you make it extremely hard due to the fact that u are standing in the middle of the floor. Yesterday you added a twist to your post workout activities. You were using a blowdryer to dry the crack of ur a**....There is nothing wrong with thinking your a sexy old man...i mean theres sean connery, alex trebec, sidney poitier, but please save your naked exploits for ur dates with anyone of the cast members from golden girls. Although I must admit, I do get a damn good laugh out of it!

J

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Dear Tan,
    Thanks very much! I'm loving the hair as well.. it's so much easier to deal with in the mornings. :P
    /~*brooke

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast