Hi Im having a dialema, im looking for a new camera. I cant decide whether ... Stackers' Lounge forum

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d

dark rooms for photography?

Advertisement

Hi

Im having a dialema, im looking for a new camera. I cant decide whether to get another digital one or go back to the film cameras. I still think to this day that the film cameras produce a better quality picture than a digital one (unless its a really expensive one, which i cant afford!) so what do i need to do to start developing my own films?! is this something i can do in the bedroom thru the day whilst no-one is in it or do i need a dedicated room for it?!

any advice appreciated!

cheers

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    Go digital a nikon d40 is good for starters. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tiazzigirl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249ecacb
    Not many folks are using film anymore these days but as a photoghrapher (my father also) film will always give the best quality to me also. Anyone can use a digital camera but not many can use a film camera with a light meter (I use a manual 35 mili nothing digital about it at all). As far as the dark room if u can dedicate a portion of a decent sized room to develop pics then go for ir but remember darkness is key and you are working with chemicals also that have a certain 'stink' to them (to me they do anyway). Having one single room totally dedicated to the process would be much better. Good luck on your journey!