• RCR

4 66.67%
  • JGR

2 33.33%
  • HMS

0 0%
  • other

0 0%

Who should Jr drive for in 2008 RCR JGR HMS other (who)... Stackers' Lounge forum

green no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Dale Jr.

Advertisement

Who should Jr drive for in 2008

RCR
    JGR
    HMS
    other (who)

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Re: Dale Jr.

Richard Childress Racing all the way. His cars rock.....We need to see Dale Jr. in the winners circle more often!

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Agreed!!

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Just to add to the thread.. if he did go to RCR, would you want to see him drive #3?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I'm all for the nostalgia of Jr driving his dad's #3, but I believe Jr is his own driver and having his father's name already puts enough of his dad's career on his back, but driving the same number is really asking him to be his father in a way. There will never be another Dale Sr, so let the black 3 stay in retirement.

I would love to see Jr get to keep driving for Budweiser under RCR and even keep his same number.

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

How does NASCAR work when you have teams with two drivers that are EACH trying to beat the other one. For example, Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon. Most of the time they are 1 and 2 in races. How can they be teammates???

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

#8 is licensed to DEI, so Jr will need to come up with something new... (RCR could try to buy it, but thats ALOT of money for a #, and honestly RCR would make more by having him get a different # because of all the merchandising they could do..)

#88 is owned by Robert Yates Racing, and he's commented how he'd love to have Jr, but being a Ford shop - it won't happen... (and he has the 38, which would be a nice twist, but again, not gonna happen..)

I kinda agree with TBF about the #3 - I wouldn't have an issue with it either, but I don't think its really putting any additional pressure on him to succeed - I think the move itself does that, he's leaving DEI to have a better chance to win, better equipment, better testing, etc - things he thinks DEI is lacking - so by moving - it makes him need to prove he's a better driver than he's been (not that he's been bad). I do think it would be cool to see the #3 on the track again, and Jr's the only one who could do that.. Maybe he'll bring it out for an honorary race every so often...

Vanilla - they are teammates Monday-Saturday for the most part - they share technology, engines, equipment, strategies, training, etc - everything teammates can do to help each other out, and during the race there's some strategy played out among teammates (blocking other cars, etc) - but you're right - if 2 teammates are 1 & 2 and the checkered flag is coming out, its every man for themselves.. I'm sure as teamates they like the friendl(-ier) rivalry... Keep in mind, they are teamates, and the program they are part of gets part of the winnings, so if a teammate wins, the money (partially) going back to them as well.. (and I think NASCAR drivers are some of those athletes who really do it for the love of the sport, not the $$$).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Vanilla - they are teammates Monday-Saturday for the most part - they share technology, engines, equipment, strategies, training, etc - everything teammates can do to help each other out, and during the race there's some strategy played out among teammates (blocking other cars, etc) - but you're right - if 2 teammates are 1 & 2 and the checkered flag is coming out, its every man for themselves.. I'm sure as teamates they like the friendl(-ier) rivalry... Keep in mind, they are teamates, and the program they are part of gets part of the winnings, so if a teammate wins, the money (partially) going back to them as well.. (and I think NASCAR drivers are some of those athletes who really do it for the love of the sport, not the $$$).
    Interesting. Thanks for the clarification. I asked because I heard something about Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon. Something about Johnson deliberately trying to block Gordon and that they are teammates. I was left a bit confused. But, that clears it up.

green no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~personally,I bet he winds up at Ginn Racing with Mark Martin. Although I would love to se him at RCR driving the #33 like Kerry did for a while. BTW, nascar CAN force DEI to give up the #8 if they choose to do so,and I think if nascar feels like DEI is just being vindictive by not releasing the #8 they will. Just my 2$ worth.

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    I'm all for the nostalgia of Jr driving his dad's #3, but I believe Jr is his own driver and having his father's name already puts enough of his dad's career on his back, but driving the same number is really asking him to be his father in a way. There will never be another Dale Sr, so let the black 3 stay in retirement.

I would love to see Jr get to keep driving for Budweiser under RCR and even keep his same number.

I agree with that!