Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seen his show? What do you think, legit or BS?... Stackers' Lounge forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Criss Angel

Advertisement

Seen his show? What do you think, legit or BS?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Criss Angel

I watch it when its on if I am around. I am torn on if its bs or not. Saw a clip on youtube that broke him down and they said its all video tricks and backed up their claims. Tuff to say though, I think some is legit, but have a feelin some is bs. Kind of a mixture of both. There has got to be some shenanigans involved somewhere in all of his stuff I think! However, he does know how to entertain, and thats more or less the bottom line for that line of work! So we watch and are amazed, and he does a good job amazing us, even if there is a perfectly good explanation for it all.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

what do you mean by "legit" ?

Its called magic. Chris confirmed it many times in case you think he can levitate.
    Last edited by kentrg; 12-22-2007 at 10:05 PM.

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it

Chris is chris. and magic...well...magic is magic, huh? Now Bob.........bob is definately........definately bob........

hahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah but there's a big difference between illusion and magic. I'm talking about his mentalism. The whole mind reading/ prediction things he does. Do you think be has mental abilities or plant people in crowds?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

He's an entertainer. Just like Copperfield and Houdini and all the other illusionists. He just dresses like AFI instead of in a tuxedo.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone else? Anyone? My parents walked into the house today and I was watching one of his shows and they told me to turn it off because his powers were from the devil and I was inviting evil spirits in the house. So I was curious to see if anyone else thought what he did was real. What do you think. Real levitation

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg View Post
    what do you mean by "legit" ?

Its called magic. Chris confirmed it many times in case you think he can levitate.

What do ya mean what do I mean by legit? Legit as in non fake as in he really did what he did without any camera trickery or placing of people or a prior set up. Sure its called magic, but magic can always be explained making it just another thing a person does that they are good at that most people cant explain until they are shown how its done. Its not magic as in a supernatural ability like Xmen mutants or something. Illusion is as someone said the better word. And I have seen how he levitates explained. Its all in what the eyes are tricked into seeing. That is the art so I take nothin away from the guy at all for that. He is incredible at his art
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

godder no está en línea Stack level 1

LMAO!!!! seriously?

It's "magic" how is this legit?

Its a legit or a real "art" of fooling the eye, and the mind. But I dont feel it is legit or real as in what you see is what is really happening. There is an art behind it of making something happen that in all normal senses of nature or of mind, cannot be done. So if thats what one means as the definer of the word magic, then yes, its magic. But this defined magic is not without an explanation that would reveal a reason or way that it is done or possible.

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~okay now this is getting good! Keep going guys! We got people saying magic, someone saying entertainer, thing is I got into it early with my parents on whether its real or not and I want to hear peoples opinions! Magic? Is it an art? Is it real? Is Criss the world's biggest BSer or a fantastic magician? Let's go contriversy!!!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

of course it's fake, but it's entertaining.. so that's all that matters

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Its not "real" in the sense that he is "really" levitating or any of the other illusions that he performs. He is a great entertainer, he does very creative illusions and does a good job of building up his audience's sense of engagement when he is performing.

From a scientific or physical standpoint, no, he is not actually doing any of the things. He's a classic magician or illusionist that tricks the audience into seeing what he wants them to see, not what is actually happening.

There is nothing wrong with it. I know its all fake somehow in the end, but I don't really care. I walk away entertained and wondering "how'd he do that?" and thats all that really matters, isn't it?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Is there anybody reading this thread who thinks what he does is real? Anyone? We won't ridicule you. I just want peoples opinions. For me I agree with lovin2act in saying magic is an art, its not actual powers, but being good enough to make people knock other people's socks off

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

^^ all i have to say is that you never know :P anything is possible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast