Hi eveyone! I ran this idea a few days ago . Crackberry Hobbies. We all ... Stackers' Lounge forum

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

crackberry Hobbies.."Wattys" PETS Thread!

Advertisement

Hi eveyone! I ran this idea a few days ago . Crackberry Hobbies. We all have different interest and knowledge of such a wide variety of things,I'm thinking we start threads about our various interest.we could learn important,fun or useful help from each other. I'm going to start a few hobby threads,let's see what people like to do with their hobby time besides important BB addictions. I was a vet tech for 10 years,so I know a few things to try for sick or bad behavior in pets.Who knows we might have a vet or expirenced techs out there that can assist as well. Maybe u know how to stop a behavior,or how ur pet was helped with an illness. OK here we go! I'm lesa and I have a 3 year. Old basset hound and 2 chihuahuas. We lost our first basset when he was only 4yrs old (watson) he really had no signs of illness except a massive thirst. Vets ran test after test. One day 2 years ago he awoke very ill,couldn't walk. When my husband rushed him to the vet that morning I knew he wasn't coming home. He died 2 hours later. I still feel his loss so much I missed 1 week of work. Anyway he was diagnosed as having Addisions diease. I'd never heard of that and it is very rare. So this first crackberry Hobby is dedicated to my "Watty". So tell of your pets..what are they? How are they? Brag on! Let's try to keep these hobby threads going! Peace lesa

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: crackberry Hobbies.."Wattys" PETS Thread!

I have a Beagle (Rusty) and a German Shephard (Zelda). Rusty has seizures all the time so he now has to be on phenobarbital (siezure medicine) for the rest of his life. Zelda is great, healthy, but loves to lick herself and cause a nasty smell.

EWWWWWWW.

PIN/ID
    ask

Ohhh, both of my chihuahuas have siezures as well the really awful part was the seizures didn't start until 1 week after we lost our young basset watty. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I kept thinking oh my god I'm going to lose my 2 year chihuahua (akebono) and basset baby in a period of 2 weeks! Thank god I didn't. Neither of my chihuahuas take meds, as the vet said they were not having them often enough to warrent that.(Once a month or so) have often does Rusty have them? Did the meds stop them alltogether? They are so scary to watch!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

The meds work excellent because they stop the seizures completely. One day we took him off the meds to test it and he had a seizure the next day.

The only side effect to the medicine is he will have to go the bathroom each hour.

When off the medicine seizures could occur once a week at the most, to once every couple months. We think its the excitement of people and other dogs being around.

I was told after so many seizures it fries dogs brains so Im glad we got the medicine.

We just had an English Bulldog die, sad story. He was only 8 months old.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I have two cats. Madison and Milo(I didn't name either). Madison we adopted from the humane society, and if she were a human, she'd be a princess. She acts like it. Milo, is probably the best cat in the world. I found him outside my office, after the first snowfall, in about mid-november. I think he might be slightly, umm, challenged. He was about 4 weeks old when I found him, and I think the cold might have done something to him. BUT, he is probably THE friendliest cat in the world. Everyone that comes to my place, he just falls asleep in your lap. Of course, being slightly "challenged", he doesn't recognize his own name! HA! Good stuff!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I have three chihuahuas, Damita Jo, Cocoa Puff and Gabriel and three cats Max, Harley and Loco. The chis have been a challenge for me from the start because Damita had a severe allergic reaction to her vaccines and I almost lost her...she was barely even a pound. I bought Cocoa about a month after Damita (they are littermates/sisters) so that Damita would have a playmate. Gabriel came along about 4 months later when I fostered him for a Chihuahua rescue. He just never left He was less than a lb and solid white. So he is the Angel Gabriel.
    Hmm...the cats....well, Max was adopted from the San Francisco SPCA about 7 years ago. He's getting old and has practically no teeth, no claws and he's just fat. Harley was a rescue...my friend found her when she was about 5 weeks old under a gutter when she was walking her dogs. I too think that she is a few bricks "shy" of a full load. The kitten came when the kids accidently let Harley out of the house (she wasn't fixed).

If I bring home another animal, my husband said he will divorce me.

PIN/ID
    ask

Well cp6169 I just had an eye opening moment..my male chihuahua that has a seizure once every couple of months for the last 2 years, his personality has changed over the last 2 years. We couldn't figure it out, he has always had little dog syndrome(acting tough, nipping) but it has gotten a lot worse! Very nippy with everyone but me an more possesive of people coming near me or anyone leaving /coming to our house. I'm calling the vet friday, I never thought of this but it tottaly makes sense! This is the soul reason I wanted to start this thread! New ideas and perspective! Who wouldve thought I'd be the first person to benefit! Thanks for opening my eyes! Cp6169 man your not only a pinstack god ur a jack of all things! Lol

PIN/ID
    ask

Well cherrichiodo we must have a sign on our foreheads only animals can see "sucker for animals" our stories our very simular! My husband threatned the same thing more than once well I guess if they do leave we could move in together and start an animal hospice! Lol peace lesa

PIN/ID
    3056468b

racingred no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I have 3 retired racing greyhounds. My David, he is 6, is accident prone. He was out playing/running in the yard one day this past summer, and I called them into the house, he runs up, and has 2 nails missing form his back foot, blood all over my deck! Not sure where or how it happened! But, left it, and they slowly grew back, and then a couple of weeks ago, he hit his foot on his dog dish, and broke the little nail that was growing! He also broke a toe in the summer, and had a splint on for a month! I have big vet bills!! But, they are worth it, all three of them ( I have 2 girls as well, Blondie and Ivy). And if it weren't for people like us, getting dogs from the pound or from a pet rescue, our beloved pets would not be with us here on earth. I know mine wouldn't be! And I wouldn't trade them for the world!
    ~Racing Red ~