I love to garden in the spring! Here in Texas its time to throw out ... Stackers' Lounge forum

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

crackberry Hobbies..Gardeners

Advertisement

I love to garden in the spring! Here in Texas its time to throw out those bluebonnet seeds! They are beautiful. What do you enjoy planting?? Roses, bulbs, native plants? Let's hear about it. My thumb was brown for years but with trail and error (over 10 yrs)lol I've graduated to a light green thumb! How about you?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: crackberry Hobbies..Gardeners

I just bought my first house in September and I have planted the following...

3 rose bushes, killed one so I only have 2 left.

2 pineapple plants.

1 night blooming jasmine.

PIN/ID
    ask

I love night jasmine! Mine just survived a freeze 2 nights in a row. How hard are pineapple plants? I've killed one, and never tried again. Roses are usually pretty easy, so many dieases to watch for, besure to keep them sunny and do not let powdery fungus take hold. Try to keep leaves dry when watering them and that really helps.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hmm, I just planted the green jasmine and now its turning yellow. I did cover it with a garbage bag. Maybe I water it too much, I feel the need to baby it...

Pineapple plants, one grew so big, the other is just chillen like a dwarf... again I think I water them too much.

The roses grow wonderfully, I cut the stems wrong, wet the leaves as you mentioned to not do, and water them too much! But they seem to grow back each time.

PIN/ID
    ask

That's why I love roses they can take my over indulgance and survive my neglect. Yellow leaves on jasmine probably a little to much water. Depends on where u live though,in texas very little water is needed now because most plants are in dormant state untill spring.my gosh I haven't watered my jasmine since december.major factor is ur jasmine in a flower bed or in a pot for now? That does make a huge difference. I just might get brave and buy another pineapple plant now,I want one

PIN/ID
    3056468b

The Jasmine is in ground, after the first day of buying it actually. I water it every two days. As I do with all my other plants.