Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gr8belief

Help me if you have any advice please! I've been in a 4 day endless ... Stackers' Lounge forum

gr8belief no está en línea Stack level 1

Contacting BB tech support

Advertisement

Help me if you have any advice please! I've been in a 4 day endless series of conversations with BB tech support. I call, they have me wipe the 9900 in several ways, the software issue is resolved, then an hour later it reappears. (Microphone not working during calls only. Works on voice notes.) When I call back, we always have to start from the beginning and redo every step. I'm 8 hours in to this. TMO no longer servicing BBs and sends me back to BB. Phone 4 months out of warranty.
    Question - how can I get to someone at BB who can actually help me in a higher tier level of support? Emails are not answered so far.
    Thanks for any advice.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sorry it's taken so long for someone to answer you here. I'd recommend you also join www.techstackers.com for faster response.

With regard to your device issue, have you recently done a software update on your device? I'm wondering if there isn't a bug in the current OS causing this issue. Any recent app installations? Could also be an app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Sorry it's taken so long for someone to answer you here. I'd recommend you also join www.techstackers.com for faster response.

With regard to your device issue, have you recently done a software update on your device? I'm wondering if there isn't a bug in the current OS causing this issue. Any recent app installations? Could also be an app.

--I appreciate your time and advice. We did all kinds of fancy wipes and reloads and updates of handheld and desktop software, as well as reverting to previous versions. Definitely a software issue since microphone works on voice notes perfectly but not on calls. After each wipe and reload/update, it works fine until you change something like profile or sign in to BB I D. Phone is not damaged.

So, after way too many calls and hours spent with tmo and BB, I give up! Time to go back to a 9700 or some other abandoned BB my kids left lonely in the drawer in their mad dash to the candyApple dependency store.

I will check out techstackers. Thanks for the advice.
    RogerG likes this.

What about apps? Did you install any new apps that may be the culprit?

Nope. No apps. And as many times as we have wiped and reloaded all versions of OS, I think it is as sanitized as it could possibly be. I didn't know you could reload it with the battery out while connected to DTM. Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by gr8belief View Post
    Nope. No apps. And as many times as we have wiped and reloaded all versions of OS, I think it is as sanitized as it could possibly be. I didn't know you could reload it with the battery out while connected to DTM. Wow...
    Ah yes, one of the old tricks of the trade.

Just gave up and ordered a z10. I think it will operate a little like my Playbook but better, just from cent reviews. I'm sure I'll be back for advice!