Well here is the story firstI'm in college and a long time highschool friend of ... Stackers' Lounge forum

pearlberry27 no está en línea Stack level 2

completely off topic

Advertisement

Well here is the story firstI'm in college and a long time highschool friend of mine and I see moving into this place. Now he works for a auto shop and the company just purchased a new shop that also has a huge house on the property, now this house has a basement that is the width and length of this house, its one big room. Now for the question, I know nothing about architecture or any of that stuff and I want to put up walls to make 2 rooms and a living room, the 2 bedrooms would be on opposite sides with the large living room in the center, how do I make/install these walls? Incase it matters the floor is all carpet.

pearlberry27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh and since I just read the rant about people complaining about flaming and such, I'm sure I havnt been descriptive enough in some areas so if you need to know more just ask, I just don't know what all to mention lol

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    There will be a lot of varying factors.

Is the floor concrete? I am assuming yes.

Depends on if you want to do just a slap job or actually build it correctly...

You will be needing to rip up the carpet, drill into the concrete, make the walls (prob want to use 2x4 of something equivalent), wire outlets, etc.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    To add,

After the 2x4's are in place and the wiring is done then you will be ready to starting thinking about dry wall. Drywalling is a messy job (have fun) with that. May want to also start thinking about the ceiling? Dry walled or hanging style ceiling?