Melissa J. Perenson, PC World Jan 16, 2009 11:37 am It's a sad day for ... Stackers' Lounge forum

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3

Circuit City to Liquidate Remaining Stores

Melissa J. Perenson, PC World
    Jan 16, 2009 11:37 am

It's a sad day for electronics shoppers: Circuit City, the second-largest retailer of consumer electronics, has announced it is forced to close all its remaining 567 U.S. stores and sell all its merchandise. The closing also leaves 34,000 Circuit City employees out of a job.

The company entered bankruptcy protection in November 2008, and needed a healthy shopping season-and an infusion of funds-in order to continue going. Neither happened, and today it filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Circuit City. Circuit City says it will begin a sale of its merchandise starting Saturday lasting through March 31.

Read more

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    This stuff's starting to bring tears to my eyes

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    just ask
    Even though Circuit City wasn't the cheapest place around I always enjoyed their customer service. It made it worthwhile to go there just for that.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I wonder how much they will jack up their prices during their remaining days.

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    The closest one to me already closed. I thought it was because it was right next to the mall. Guess not. I rarely went there. I am too poor to think of electronics lol
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well one man's trash is another mans gold. Mine went out and I was blessed to grab (2) 8Gig Sandisk Microsdhc for only a minimal charge. Just the right place @ the right time!(3 days before they closed doors here)!
    Last edited by thbassman; 01-17-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Carpe Diem!!

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!